no one has told me anything specific about psl's but if i was a betting man, i would guess the equal of those first 3 rows we have now at the savvis will be psl seats.

do you see those first three rows completely filled now? every game there are a number of open seats there. so why would someone agree to pay a psl if they arent buying the premium seats now? and if you try to mandate more just because, the attendance and season tix number will drop even more.

Does anyone else note the "business as usual" aspect of this string? We, the season-ticket holders and die-hard fans, haven't exactly been engaged in a dialog with the U. or the athletic department regarding the potential of PSL sales, and yet the U. is advertising (I surmise; I haven't read the posting) for someone to manage PSL sales. What is is B-Roy says about the CIA tactics of the athletic department?

As we have spoken about before on this board, anybody who thought the best seats in the house were not going to be required to pay some seat fee were kidding themselves. As far as SLU not talking to ticket holders about their plans - what school or team does. The arena is going to have lots of good seats so everybody will be able to renew with a good location it just may not be 3 rows from the floor.

PSL's and building a new arena or venue have been very common terms over the last decade or so. I would be shocked if the SLU arena did not have a PSL program. It will be interesting to see it unfold.

you want a job selling psl's? this isnt duke you are selling psl's to. this is slu which has had a 50% decrease in season tickets over the last 7 years and just came out of the worst won loss record in 12 years. and you want the job telling these season ticket holders that they now will have to pay a premium to buy their season tickets when we were all promised that our future seat pick preference would be based soley on our point system first and foremost. and now they are advertising for the job that they have never officially told us is the policy.

good luck with the new job. i would not want to be you on the way home from work each day. but look at it this way, you will grow used to hearing "no" with obscenities. and if you are soon to be engaged, that is good practice for marriage.

> As far as SLU not talking to ticket holders about their plans - what school or team does.

I wouldn't know. I haven't been a 40-year season-ticket-holder anywhere else. (Nor do I imagine that too many other schools are in a similar situation where the basketball and athletic tradition is so lacking as they try to build a $70M arena.)

I haven't been over there for a while, but I'd be willing to lay odds that the B-school teaches current management theory about staying close to your core audience. Then again, they also have a pretty decent marketing program, and the U. has thus far ignored that as well in its athletic department.

PSLs are one small element. I think Box would be a natural -- as long as he doesn't have to play golf as part of the sponsor-shmoozing ;) .

Assistant Director (Athletics - External Operations)

JOB DESCRIPTION

Job Summary: Under administrative direction, is responsible for external operations of the department; delivers, directs, and implements the strategy plan for marketing and promotions, ticket operations, group sales, corporate marketing and sales, game management, community outreach, and student spirit groups.

CHARACTERISTIC JOB TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES

May include any and/or all of the following:

Develops, implements, and directs department external operations plan, with bottomline accountability for revenue.

Provides administrative supervision for athletic ticket operations and staff; supervises the department corporate sponsorship and game management staff; sets season ticket sales and group sales goals.

Serves as department liaison with external syndicators concerning advertising and sponsorships, as they relate to department radio and television affiliations; oversees corporate marketing strategy; serves as administrative liaison to student spirit groups.

Coordinates and implements the PSL, season ticket and group ticket plans for the new arena; assists in the sale of corporate suites for the new arena.

Serves as a member of the senior staff of the athletics department; supervises selected sports; develops and monitors courtesy car program.

Performs special projects and other duties as assigned.

KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS

Working knowledge of athletic marketing and fundraising

Working knowledge of writing and soliciting sponsorship proposals

Knowledge of Division I athletics, NCAA rules and regulations

Knowledge of broadcasting production and sales

Knowledge of television and radio agreements and terminology

Knowledge of game and special event management

Solicitation skills

Supervisory skills

Planning and organizing skills

Strong verbal and written communication skills

Proven public relations skills

Report preparation skills

Basic accounting skills

Demonstrated proficiency with computers

Proven ability to sell and negotiate corporate sponsorships

Ability to design or modify programs, and implement systems

Ability to maintain confidentiality

Ability to develop and execute strategies and plans for marketing and selling corporate sponsorships

MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS

Education and experience equivalent to:

Bachelor’s degree in related field, with master’s degree preferred; supplemented with five (5) years of related experience in marketing sports activities.

Do you think MU talked to season ticket holders when they did their seat fee program - if so there would not have been all the complaining. The Cardinals I am sure did not talk to their season ticket people about their plan either. The truth is there will be some seat fee - what it looks like is what is up for grabs. My guess is when they are formulating the plan a focus group of season ticket holders will be talked to about their ideas. At this time all they are doing is looking for someone to put the plan together.

actually i think his golf skills would be a plus. my gosh, everyone likes to win at golf. think about all the good will he would spread with his opponents. right after the 18th hole he hits them with the psl/brick form to sign off on.