The only reason I follow the NBA....still plays on!

Washington Wizards baby!Larry the Legend!

Okay,Duhon what happened there?

I'm with you ... I see a little of the Mav's as my brother who moved up here a year ago is an ex Mav season ticket holder and big fan. But I have made it a point watch Larry. He has had a good playoffs so far averaging about 22pg, 7rpg, and 4 asst.

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H. Waldman

i thought hughes vs wade was an even more entertaining matchup. neither could do much to stop the other from getting his shot. if larry hits a better % next game it will change the series.

miami will win but not because of wade. imo, either arenas or hughes are everybit as good as wade.

the difference is shaq and mourning vs brenda haywood and etan thomas. no comparison.

detroit is the team to give shaq fits simply because big ben is mean enough to stand up to shaq. if detroit doesnt beat them, no one will.

why would wade necessarily significantly raise his shooting % and arenas and hughes wouldnt?

when i said they were the same, i was mainly talking about being able to create their own opportunities. watching the game, i didnt see either one stop the other.

statistically this year there wasnt a big difference between the three

hughes 26 years old, 2.9 spg, 6.3 rpg, 4.7 apg, 22.0 ppg

arenas 23 years old, 1.7 spg, 4.7 rpg, 5.1 apg, 25.5 ppg

wade 23 years old, 1.6 spg, 5.2 rpg, 6.8 apg, 24.1 ppg

looks pretty equal to me.

one would think the ability to just throw it up in the vicinity of shaq rather than try to depend on brenda haywood would be worth the differences in assists alone.

You have to also consider though Miami has a much more post oriented offense with big man dominating the ball. Washington is strictly on the perimeter. Wade gets less chances to score.

Wade is becoming a premier player, on tap with McGrady, Bryant, etc. I really don't think Arenas and Hughes have the talent to hit that ceiling. They are certainly all star caliber players though. Hughes is somewhat overshadowed by Arenas but if he learns some patience on defense he could be looking at some DPOY awards down the road.

Roy ...I think you are missing my point. Wade makes his teammates better.

If all you are going to does is read a stat sheet and say there you go...we will disagree all day. Arenas and Hughes are nice individual players but they elevate the level of those around them in the capacity that Wade does. Wade imo brings much more to the table than the other two.

Career numbers....

Hughes....15pts, 3 assists, 42% fg, 4rb, in 7 seasons...

Wade......21pts, 6 assists, 47%fg, 4rb, in just 2 seasons.

...and that is only numbers, not counting any intangibles....of which there are many.

Wade played two years of college ball to Hughes' one. The extra year helped him, ...but Hughes is finally putting up a complete season after 7 years, and in a contract year, or JD Drew year as I call it.

In the next few years I see Wade's game getting better and better at a much more significant rate than Hughes. Hughes is a good player and like everyone else I like to see a local guy do well, but imo Wade is better now, and that gap will widen more in next few years.

I am rooting for Hughes to do well, and hope he has turned the corner and will get better next year. But I'll take Wade.

and again, if hughes had shaq, it would change the whole scenario. i dont know what you were watching on sunday, but wade was not better than larry. and as to him making his teamates better, i assume you are talking about shaq, eddie jones, mourning, etc. i.e. his entire supporting cast was already miles ahead of washington which outside of hughes, arenas and jamison are really a cba team talentwise.

wow! what a game by wade. no doubt he was by far the best player on the floor and for the first three quarters where the game was essentially decided, hughes was a total no show. larry had a very strong 4th quarter, but where was that the first three quarters when wade tore it up.