McDonalds Nominees

kshoe

there are 46 names on the first page and 27 pages! my math skils estimate yikes almost 1500 kids are named! there are a few area kids named that wont even go to division one schools next year like the arth kid from edwardsville, so that tells you the value of that overall list. i would have been greatly disappointed if kevin wasnt on the list!

Snicker snicker.

Jalen'sdad, what is a typical Hargrave practice? Do they have Tommie working on his shooting, and what kind of lifting regime are they pushing. I've seen Kevin now, and am curious if Tommie has grown at all, and how his offensive skills set is maturing. Lord knows we will be needing whatever he can bring next year...

we dont actually know who jalensdad is, but it is my belief that jalensdad is a coach, just not the e st louis basketball coach. not anyone has the access to such a nomination form and system.

>we dont actually know who jalensdad is, but it is my belief

>that jalensdad is a coach, just not the e st louis

>basketball coach. not anyone has the access to such a

>nomination form and system.

I thought this was the worst kept secret, but Tommie is my nephew. As far as the nomination process, it is pretty much simple to nominate a fictional player. I doubt they do any investigation until they pare down to about 500 players. I nominated Tommie due to my perception that no one on the coaching staff would do so. I don't know how far he made it before being cut.

Jalen'sdad, what is a typical Hargrave practice?

I read a report at scout.com prior to the start of the year and the story mentioned how intense Coach Keatts ran his practices. It was so intense that Keatts took an elbow to the head which required stiches. I love Coach Keatts, he has been a godsend as far as the development of Tommie not only as a bball player, but also a student.

Do they have Tommie working on his shooting, and what kind of

lifting regime are they pushing?

I would hope so, although judging by his stats and the 2 times I have seen him play, Tommie is not taking more than 5 shots per game. With that being said, his overall game has improved by leaps and bounds. Tommie has always been a tremendous penetrator(which may have hindered his long range shooting), but he did not always apply himself and dominate until his team really needed it. Now he looks to attack everytime down and dish off to one of his teammates. So I don't have anything new to offer as far as his jumpshooting, but Keatts mentions that Tommie plays dominate in practices. I have requested some game tapes however. As far as his body, Tommie now packs at least 190lbs on a 6'6 inch frame. He has not lost anything in terms of agility or quickness. Whatever they are doing at Hargrave they should bottle it as all of their players are well developed. Again I hope SLU are cultivating a relationship with this program. I don't know how to link, any help would be greatly appreciated, but they have photos at Hargrave's website at

http://www.hargrave.edu/photos/gallery_det...9&gallery_id=80

notice the size of his neck in the 1st picture-3 row far left corner.

I've seen Kevin now, and am

curious if Tommie has grown at all, and how his offensive

skills set is maturing. Lord knows we will be needing

whatever he can bring next year...

I think these two will do some special things for SLU. They have dissimilar games, but I think their talents will mesh. I believe things happen for a reason. When Tommie and Kevin were youngster, people, I included, were always debating who were the better player.Kevin and Tommie have always stayed above the nonsense. I have a video game tape of these 2 as 8th graders and 9th graders competing at the Belleville Rec Center. They just kept attacking and attacking one another. These two were meant to be teammates as Tommie's competiveness burns under the surface and Lisch's is seen on the sleeve. Tommie will bring things to SLU as a player that they have not had in awhile. He may never approach the scoring numbers of Hughes as a freshman,but he will impact the boxscore in many ways. A lot of people question Tommie's ability to knock down 3's consistently, but I'm of the opinion that Tommie's staying on the perimeter shooting 3's would be to SLU disadvantage. Allow him some freedom to penetrate and elevate within the 3 point line as he has always been 50% shooter from the field overall.

"A lot of people question Tommie's ability to knock down 3's consistently, but I'm of the opinion that Tommie's staying on the perimeter shooting 3's would be to SLU disadvantage. Allow him some freedom to penetrate and elevate within the 3 point line as he has always been 50% shooter from the field overall"

I watched Tommie 4 or 5 times while he was at Eastside and SLU doesn't need him shooting 3's, not to say he can't. He needs to be in the paint, around the basket, near the free throw line, inside the 3 point line, etc. He needs to be able to go all over the court; that is what he does best, let him create.