S. Miss

slufanskip

It better be in Hattisburg because if is not I will be one upset Billiken fan!! LOL

Since my job temporarily transferred me to Biloxi/Gulfport (no I am not in the gaming industry) it will be a short drive for me to Hattisburg tomorrow night.

I have not been following them closely but I did see they had a ugly loss to Univ of N.O.last month. This maybe one we can steal a nice win.

According to the team website...S. Miss record is 9-7 but they have some cupcake wins against teams that I have not even heard of before...namely Spring Hill and William Carey. Their most impressive win would be 88-84 VS LSU, and they did lose to New Orleans on the road 67-56. They like home cooking with a 5-1 record at home. Their RPI is 225.

Jasper Johnson is the leading scorer 15.5 a game and the leading rebounder 7.4 a game. They have two 6'3" guards in who also average double figures...Rahsaad Caruth averages 11.0 a game and Jarekus Singleton 10.5 a game.

This is one of the CUSA teams trying to avoid the dubious feat of not making it to Memphis for the CUSA Tourney in March as they have an 0-4 conference record. This would be a chance for our Bills to win a conference game on the road, and one we really need to win too.

I just looked and the Pomeroy rating has our rating at 211, 157 over the last 5 and a SOS of 31

S. Miss is at 180, 243 over the last 5 and a SOS of 301

This is a different ranking than the RPI

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H. Waldman

Southern Miss, is a very small team. they most of the time start four guards. We will need to rebound the ball. Probably won't out quick them, but should have a rebounding edge. Jasper Johnson is a load and they have a couple of guards that can shoot the ball.

But they can be beat at home.

assuming that jasper hasnt lost any lbs, isnt it amazing what this guy can do with the added weight he carries? it has always made me wonder when a guy like jasper or remember oliver miller at arkansas, how good could they be if they actually got into basketball condition?