transfer(dreaming)

BLIKNS

why does that bother you? hasnt the majority of posters and media been saying that the billikens dont have the talent? if that is true, then what does it matter who leaves.

marcus white was a stud in high school and had a anthony bonner body in high school already.

i distinctly remember brad saying at one of his first billiken club meetings as head coach that had depaul not restricted marcus to non-cusa schools when he reneged on his loi to depaul, that white would have come to st louis. maybe marcus will remember good ole brad.

but if a player wants to transfer out that is just something you have to deal with. Neither the Billikens (nor any team for that matter) should beg/force a player to stay just so that it makes the graduation rate higher. If the player goes to a differnt school theoretically his chance of graduating should be the same.

SLU's graduation rate as calculated by the NCAA is not that impressive. I believe in recent years we have been hurt by the Hughes class of 4 which did not graduate a single player. If I am mistaken I should be corrected but we know Larry did not graduate, and I'm pretty sure none of the other three graduated in the 5 years alloted by the NCAA as Baniak and Henirich choose to pursue professional ball instead of getting their degress. Again, if I am wrong please correct me but that is what I have been told.

The NCAA reported graduation rates can be very misleading. I hate to defend the Bearcats but when you hear people say stuff like "they have never graduated a player" it is just wrong.

Kshoe, Marcus was released from his LOI ONLY if he transferred to a school outside the conference. DePaul would not release him if he stayed inside the conference, a major concern because he chose them over SLU and Cincy. At the time, that meant Marcus would sit and loose two years of eligibility. This ban forced him to go to UConn rather than swinging the door back open to come to SLU.

Marcus would solve our PF problems, but he does come with some attitude and academic baggage. He also has a hard time sticking to decisions he makes - but then, so do some of the posters right now!:7

white had signed a letter of intent to go to depaul while a senior in high school in chicago (whitney young if i remember correctly). then fat pat resigned and depaul did not immediately hire a coach. if i remember correctly they went deep into the summer before hiring a coach. white then elected to renege on his letter of intent and go elsewhere. depaul agreed to let him out of it providing he did not go to any c-usa school. white had said all along that saint louis university was his second choice, but if he would have went to saint louis university, he would have had to sit out at least one year and i am thinking he also would have lost a year of eligibility regardless as a provision of the restricted release. thus, he went to uconn instead.

the problem was during his freshman season, he was more or less recruited over with josh boone and charlie veluenuza (sp?) and then he had a season ending injury last year that forced him to redshirt last year. apparently his playing time has been very limited this season. reading the uconn messageboard though, it sounds as though he is very well respected by the fans and still a rebounding machine.

it would be my belief that the restrictions he faced when he first left depaul would no longer apply since he left for a different school originally, thus if he still had an interest in any cusa school now, i bet he could come now. however, he would still have to sit a year and since he used that medical redshirt year last year, he probably would be out till next winter and at that time be a junior.

the majority of the posters on the uconn messageboard ironically believe that the fact that depaul is entering the big east, would now prohibit them from getting marcus back even if he wanted to go there. apparently there is a 2 year sit out rule if a player wants to transfer within the big east and they believe that includes the incoming team now already. interesting stuff.

this kid could be our bonner II.