GDT: SLU vs dayton

1 hour ago, TheA_Bomb said:

I get what @Wendelprofis saying, keep it classy there are acceptable lines. This isn't Philadelphia or Lubbock (did you see that pathetic display the other day when the coach had to ask them to stop throwing things?).

I also get @Soderball maybe he just means we need more passion.  More love/hate emotion.

we are long past the days of spamming HATE HATE HATE here on the board. We need to get back to a raucuous, party-like, and turbid atmosphere. SLU games have way less heart than Bingo Night over at Del Mar Gardens. It's just not fun. There's no explosiveness. The building is not rocking-and-rolling. We aren't screaming at opposing players.

Where's Jordair "I never cared much for Dayton" Jett?

We are WEAK. We got no DEFENSE. We can't REBOUND. We aren't LOUD.

JMM28 likes this

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree. Opponents and referees should see Chaifetz Arena on their schedules and immediately say “fuok.” 

Fans can change the outcome of games. Whether it’s bullying the refs into home calls, getting behind the home team, or getting into the head of an opponent - it’s all worth something. 

3 minutes ago, JMM28 said:

I agree. Opponents and referees should see Chaifetz Arena on their schedules and immediately say “fuok.” 

Fans can change the outcome of games. Whether it’s bullying the refs into home calls, getting behind the home team, or getting into the head of an opponent - it’s all worth something. 

We need the return of a team that gets PISSED about losing - not just sad, not just angry, but tear-apart-the-locker-room-and-break-things enraged.

We need so badly to move on from this milquetoast era of hoops here. Old timer fans have to remember the old Kiel Auditorium - right? What happened to that atmosphere?

We are just broken from watching CTF fumble and fail over and over again. We can make it happen again.

Soderball,  couldn't agree with you more (yes, I'm old enough I was at many of those games) - but that wasn't about hate and looking to spill the opponent's blood; that was just good old-fashioned passion for winning and the crowd getting caught up in the excitement as well.  But we need a team that plays with that passion and desire, and more importantly, coaches who put them in a position to win.  I'm not sure we have that combination currently.  Hard even for passionate fans to get passionate about this year's performance.

billikenbill likes this

2 minutes ago, Wendelprof said:

Soderball,  couldn't agree with you more (yes, I'm old enough I was at many of those games) - but that wasn't about hate and looking to spill the opponent's blood; that was just good old-fashioned passion for winning and the crowd getting caught up in the excitement as well.  But we need a team that plays with that passion and desire, and more importantly, coaches who put them in a position to win.  I'm not sure we have that combination currently.  Hard even for passionate fans to get passionate about this year's performance.

I don't know man -- some of the old Kiel Auditorium stories from The Balcony make me wonder.

I hope you didn't take my bloodletting comment too literally(i mean some Chris Heinrich type play can probably get there, and that is fine by me) but we need to get that brutal competition back. Not Anthony Grant slapping Travis on the back or getting breakfast with Chris Mooney -- but Steve Alford getting tossed out of the game in the first half. Anthony Grant trying to attack former players on the baseline. Let's get back to that kind of rage and HATE.

The Don likes this

12 hours ago, Wendelprof said:

Ha-ha.  Played 3 sports in college.  Any you Roy?

i played 4 sports in high school.   however, when i went to college, i had to work fulltime to pay for college and didnt have time to play sports.   all i know is if you were truly a competitor you would understand the almost hatred a competitor will develop for rivals.   did you maybe take soderball's words a little to literal?   the fact no one has actually taken things to that degree, when i read the post i read it not for physical violence but as competitor vitriol and a plea for more passion by all.   nothing more.   and if you truly played competive sports like many of us passionate board members you would have read it the same way.   

the above all said, i am glad to hear you did receive your participation awards all the way through college.   good for you. 

Billikenbooster likes this