The Bills over Loy-C by 2

The Wiz

2 minutes ago, DOC said:

I hadn't heard a word about Sincere playing tomorrow until I read this. Would be nice if someone in town could at least provide us with some day-to-day news about the team. At this point, I'll take what we can get. 

Look above in the thread - a media guy reported on him and it was a no go this week

12 hours ago, cheeseman said:

Look above in the thread - a media guy reported on him and it was a no go this week

I know. My comment was that it's nice someone from the media was able to provide us with something as simple as Parker's status. I think most of us would love to hear more from and about our players/coaches. I listened to the Harriman interview before the SLU game a few weeks back. Great stuff. Give me more from the people in the arena. 

brianstl and cheeseman like this

On 1/2/2024 at 6:47 PM, The Wiz said:

This just isn't true.

You can make up numbers but you can't make up facts.  I agree that 3 pt shooting is important within the context of the other stats.  But raising one number way up and trying to balance it with another especially when the starting numbers are not realistic...is... well......just not realistic.

Raising TOs to 30  will cut down on the number of 3PA  which in turn will cut down the number of 3PM.  Let's look at an example...I could only do this after the computer stopped making fun of me..."Would you also like to know how many MPGs a Rambler gets" joked the machine.

Here is what the simulation looked like if the Bills gave up 30 TOs to Loy.  In the normal game tomorrow,   we are forecast to win by 2....74-72.  Thirty  TO's  would change the score with Loy-C winning the game 92-56. Then we fix things by having the Bills shoot 85% from the arc....remember we are now getting a lot fewer shots because of the TOs....and BINGO...we have 4 more 3PM at 85%....and lose the game 92-68.

Bottom line....simple math isn't simple  and simple logic doesn't win games.  I prefer to use real data when doing simulations.

Bottom line: Travis Ford is awful.

I will try to simplify this.

First , The Bills did not look ready to play a t the opening buzzer. They were out of sync....Like a first game of the season.....especially the first half  of the game.

Let's look at the key factors....

Watson had a career night...that 1 game that far exceeds...he came in averaging 9.7 pts /gm...tonight 24pts....His slash coming into tonight was a very weak...39/31/63....Tonight he was 70/ 71/ 56...not even close to a sustainable level. Throw in 6 rebs and 4 steals and you have a career night.

BUT.....

Even with all that... this game was winnable...How?  By The Bills playing just an average Bills game...Let's look at the numbers.

1...TOs...especially the first half...The out of sync Bills had 11 TOs....That  is what they average for a full game...Let me repeat that ...The Bills had an entire game of TOs in 1 half....Hard to come back from that.... Again, let's simplify...points off TOs...Bills 14...Loy 21...the difference is 7 pts...difference in game pts ...7...the difference in the game

2..Slash....Projected (which is close to the Bills season slash)...46/39/73...actual slash...42/35/42... we shot the same from FT line as we did from the field...never a good thing...time to break it down.  Here is what The Bills needed to do to make the projected average season slash....1 more 2/ 2 more 3s/ and 6 more FTs ... all that equals...2+6+6=14pts. What this means is that even with Watson having a career night AND a dismal TO stat  the Bills still  could have won by 7 with an average shooting night.   Making some FTs alone probably would have saved the day....42% is  embarrassing.

Bottom line ...If the Bills  just shoot average tonight ...they win....  even with a career Dez night plus butter fingers.

5 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

I will try to simplify this.

First , The Bills did not look ready to play a t the opening buzzer. They were out of sync....Like a first game of the season.....especially the first half  of the game.

Let's look at the key factors....

Watson had a career night...that 1 game that far exceeds...he came in averaging 9.7 pts /gm...tonight 24pts....His slash coming into tonight was a very weak...39/31/63....Tonight he was 70/ 71/ 56...not even close to a sustainable level. Throw in 6 rebs and 4 steals and you have a career night.

BUT.....

Even with all that... this game was winnable...How?  By The Bills playing just an average Bills game...Let's look at the numbers.

1...TOs...especially the first half...The out of sync Bills had 11 TOs....That  is what they average for a full game...Let me repeat that ...The Bills had an entire game of TOs in 1 half....Hard to come back from that.... Again, let's simplify...points off TOs...Bills 14...Loy 21...the difference is 7 pts...difference in game pts ...7...the difference in the game

2..Slash....Projected (which is close to the Bills season slash)...46/39/73...actual slash...42/35/42... we shot the same from FT line as we did from the field...never a good thing...time to break it down.  Here is what The Bills needed to do to make the projected average season slash....1 more 2/ 2 more 3s/ and 6 more FTs ... all that equals...2+6+6=14pts. What this means is that even with Watson having a career night AND a dismal TO stat  the Bills still  could have won by 7 with an average shooting night.   Making some FTs alone probably would have saved the day....42% is  embarrassing.

Bottom line ...If the Bills  just shoot average tonight ...they win....  even with a career Dez night plus butter fingers.

The threes that Watson were shooting were absolutely wide open.  I think that was consequential.  It wasn’t is running into bad luck with him hitting contested shots.  

this team is an F 

1 minute ago, SLU_Nick said:

The threes that Watson were shooting were absolutely wide open.  I think that was consequential.  It wasn’t is running into bad luck with him hitting contested shots.  

this team is an F 

I hear what you are saying but Watson  still had an exceptional night...He usually shoots 2 of 7 when he is having a bad night  or heavily contested ...when he is " on" or open he makes 3 of 7.  ...5 of 7 might be difficult for him in a gym by himself in practice.

Again, the point is we just needed to shoot  Billiken average numbers and we win no matter what Watson does.

18 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

I hear what you are saying but Watson  still had an exceptional night...He usually shoots 2 of 7 when he is having a bad night  or heavily contested ...when he is " on" or open he makes 3 of 7.  ...5 of 7 might be difficult for him in a gym by himself in practice.

Again, the point is we just needed to shoot  Billiken average numbers and we win no matter what Watson does.

So basically 3pt shooting is the only relevant stat? Hmmm.