Radio for the Austin Peay game

Don't be surprised if you can't hear the game on the radio tomorrow (and I believe that's the only way fans will be able to follow the game -- the local broadcast). KMOX 1120 isn't airing the game, and KFNS 590 is relegating the broadcast to its "sister" station KFRT 1190, based in DeSoto. It's a daytime only radio station, and the sun sets at 4:45 p.m., shortly after the game starts. The station has a strong daytime signal (10 kilowatts), but its nighttine signal is a mere 22 watts. Folks, your refrigerator light bulb is stronger than 22 watts! I don't think the AM radio in a house across the street from the transmitting antenna can pick up the signal, let alone any radio in St. Louis. I've already tried to pick up the station, but all I'm picking up is some strong station out of Texas (I think). I think it's bush league of KFNS to shove the Bills broadcast to 1190 as if it were really providing a service to its constituents. Now, if 1190 is able to maintain its 10 kilowatt signal for the duration of the Bills game and I'm able to listen to the game, then I'll come back and apologize, but I doubt it will happen, because from what I can tell, the station's license is to broadcast in the daytime.

Is SLU aware that no one in St. Louis is going to be able to hear the broadcast?

this is very discouraging news. so when exactly will we begin to see the results of our new athletic director?

i guess i can go over to naticat's house and watch the bearcat vs valpo game on the internet. cincy actually broadcasts every game that is not on national tv over the internet and anyone with a cable or faster hookup can watch all the games. maybe they will tell us the halftime score of the billiken game there.

I sent one also ... everyone on this board needs to plaster them with complaints. I am also going to make a complaint to SLU. They should be making sure the game is broadcast. Anyone know who is the person to complain to?

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H. Waldman

to not only kmox but kfns as well. they had the chance to broadcast the game on their better signal and passed as well.

as to slu, i would say send them to ms levick. she's the boss.

kfns send it to the program director at [email protected]

at slu ms levick's addy is [email protected]

steve moore, the kmox program director is: [email protected]

also had "cyber words" with the kfns program director on a series of e-mails. of course kfns should be considered champions according to him for just finding someplace to air the game as kmox dumped the game to them. whatever. it just shows the lack of respect the billikens still have in the st louis market.

if our sid and our marketing depts were doing more to create the buzz, maybe this scenario never happens.

according to the program director in my e-mail exchange they would have lost so much in advertising by broadcasting the billikens instead of slaten for an hour and a half. i wonder if they called lou fusz and the pasta house?

i feel for you guys in st. louis. i enjoy listening to the bills on kmox at night and i live about 400 miles from st. louis.

i work for a radio station that is a 5000 watt clear channel station.

on full power we get into 7 states. i've picked us up as far as hannibal about 350 miles away. at sunset we go from 5000 to 210 watts. even on 210 watts we get out about 60-90 miles but 2 hours later we drop to 175 and barely cover the city of about 22,ooo people.