Most Rootable Teams

STLfan

..., especially the non-rootable schools. Gruehls and UCTom have to read. That old poster from Memphis should too. And all you Mizzou backers .... its not just US as we didn't write this stuff. Nice to see such a good (new) friend up there as in UNLV. This is a national publication on a national scale. And three out of the top four are some of our "roomies." Go figure ......

So when is Dirty Q gone, Cheesy? The sad part with making that list is Q IS Mizzou at this point, and you are now tainted goods until the divorce happens. Heck, it took one player murdering another, with the coach demanding a coverup, for another team in the B12 to overtake Mizzou in the bad news department, but then a competent chancellor fired the coach and hired a great young(clean) coach to run the program.

At this point Mizzou is considered by many to be one of the dirtier programs in the country, as reflected by the puddle jumper rag[sI.]If you still don't feel any embarrassment, you definitely have some relation to an ostrich.

My guess is that this is quin's last chance to prove that he can coach. If he has another year like last year I would be surprised if he didn't get fired. In order to stay there I would think he would have to avoid any more trouble with the NCAA, beat KU at least once and maybe beat the Illini as well, and he has to get to the NCAA tourny the NIT won't cut it. I would love to see Quin get fired and a competent coach get hired. However I don't know how well Mizzou would be able to hire a quality coach while on probation. Who knows maybe Q will surprise me and do well this year. He hired a very good staff for this year and so far the tigers look alot better than last year.

The best part of all the write-ups about the Unrootables was this part from the Cincinnati section:

Cin City ballers have been charged with every crime in the book -- and some that aren't: Donald Little was kicked off the team in April 2002 for taping his roommate to a lawn chair, throwing weights at his head, clubbing him with a whiskey bottle and burning him with a heated coat hanger. Only then did Little stab him.

I thought Matthew Waxman did a great job in this article on the SI website

A Cinci Timeout - Lockdown

A Cinci Fastbreak - Jailbreak

Pregame warmup - Freetime in the yard.

Huggins - Warden Bob

Please feel free to add your own ... my lines are getting old ... I could use some fresh material

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H. Waldman

how about fouling out- a trip to the cooler

graduation- paroled (guess that could apply to NC's McCants as well)

assist- aid and abet or accomplice

steal-mugging

team photo- a lineup

individual player photos: mug shot

one game suspension-probation

team dorm-halfway house

player's bio-rap sheet

game program-wanted posters

Jeez, I must be bored today.

... you're biased! Of course, we all are. All I'm saying is that this guy wrote a national-level story and looks who's heading the walk up to the gallows! Billiken fans can pretty much tick off one through four on the most-hated list for obvious reasons: Cincy, Memphis, UNLV and Mizzou. All I'm saying is that this is not a localized feel .... this is a national publication, bud. The Billiken Nation is not alone!

If I email this guy it'll be short: Job well done! No argument here.

Oh I understand your point, In fact I agree with you, and it bothers me none. It's almost fun being hated, never a boring day in Bearcat world weather it be in season or off. I found it rather funny that UC would be #1 least rootable, yet 2 teams I literally cannot stand to see sucessful make the top 5 most rootable.

... are like *ssholes ... everyone's got one and they all stink .... frankly, I don't agree or disagree with either list ... my only point was that I find it extremely interesting that the guy that wrote this wasn't our own b-roy ... the list of unrootables being as close to our family tree as it is.

Still married? Has she stopped beating you yet? Remind me to bring you a cigar next time I see you. Any junior Bearcats on the horizon? Going to Memphis?

Yeah Im still married, been a whole 3 weeks so far! No little Nati's on the way yet, hopefully there will be one next year. I wont be taking the trip to Memphis either, as I will not have the time to get off of work. Im using most of that time up in feb when we take our late honeymoon to florida to fulfill one of my dreams of going to a Daytona 500. I figure im swapping the confrence tournament for that and the Final 4 (Cousin has me a ticket). Dont think I'll be attending very many Big East tournaments either as Im sure the $$$ for tickets,and a week in NY is much greater than that of CUSA and the cities of Louisville/Cincinnati/Memphis.

You should come back to your old stomping grounds the weekend the Cats are here. One of your other favorite Cat fans may be here as well.