A-10 Tournament set up

BLIKNS

Was a bit surprised to see this.

Games on Wednesday and Thursday 

Friday media -practice day, no games 

Saturday game , Sunday Championship..

So is this good to have Friday off??

Better for teams to make a 4 game run??? Does this give them a reward for not having the double bye .  No 4 games in 4 days

Thoughts?

It's been discussed somewhere here on the board but I think it sucks. Why give the bottom feeders a day off to rest? You've watered down the bye and double bye winners' advantage at least somewhat. Does the league WANT a crap team to sneak in? It's not like we've got a bunch of really good teams this year anyway.

1 minute ago, slufan13 said:

I like it. I wouldn't be surprised if part of the intention was to give the 5-8 seeds a chance to steal a bid with the assumption that the top 2-3 seeds have NCAA resumes already and a loss wouldn't hurt them. 

Yeah, that's gonna work out well!

cheeseman likes this

28 minutes ago, BLIKNS said:

Was a bit surprised to see this.

Games on Wednesday and Thursday 

Friday media -practice day, no games 

Saturday game , Sunday Championship..

So is this good to have Friday off??

Better for teams to make a 4 game run??? Does this give them a reward for not having the double bye .  No 4 games in 4 days

Thoughts?

Making fans stay an extra night in NYC with no basketball is just brutal. Taking a long weekend and seeing a team play three games in three days is now impossible. The first two days will have even lower and more skewed toward retiree attendance than ever. I'm struggling to see any upside. The ACC, with an identical tournament structure of 15 teams, doesn't take a day off.

21 minutes ago, Compton said:

Making fans stay an extra night in NYC with no basketball is just brutal. Taking a long weekend and seeing a team play three games in three days is now impossible. The first two days will have even lower and more skewed toward retiree attendance than ever. I'm struggling to see any upside. The ACC, with an identical tournament structure of 15 teams, doesn't take a day off.

An extra day in New York might be nice but it sure as heck isn't cheap.  Let's see 7 day Alaskan cruise or Bills in NYC????   

brianstl and billiken_roy like this