A10 @ the 75% Mark

Taj79

Three quarters of the A10 regular season are on the books.  VCU has a one game lead in first place, Dayton is in second with the tiebreaker against us as it stands, we have third, and Fordham has fourth, two games back.  Duquesne is in fifth, three games back.  A;; have played 14 games of the 18 game schedule.  What's left?

VCU: goes to the Joeys, hosts Richmond (who they beat at Richmond), hosts us and closes at Geedubya.  They have lost two games at home to Bonaventure and Dayton but have been shaky on the road, losing at Duquesne and squeaking one out at Rhode Island.  The Joeys have been playing well and so does Geebubya at home.  Top Four in the bag.

Dayton:  Goes to Umass and Saint Louis and has Mason and La Salle at home.  Umass can give any team fits in Amherst and then there is us.  I can't see oduro holding his own against Holmes and Camara and La Salle has no interior presence.  Top Four for sure.

Saint Louis:  A win at Richmond would be nice.  Then wrap up a top four against Loyola.  We can play against VCU and Dayton (or anybody for that matter) but winning at Siegal will be a tall order.  Two more wins and we are good to go.  Top Four is 50/50 right now.

Fordham:  I don't care how you cut it, Fordham's success story is a national level feel-good item right now.  They play with enthusiasm and grit, and their helter-skleter defense is i your face for a full 94 feet.  Will Richardson is coming on; Khalid Moore is fading.  They go to Loyola and Mason and face a Duquesne team they beat once already in Pittsburgh.  I could see a slip at Mason, but that is all.  Top Four likely.

Duquesne:  They go to La Salle and Fordham while hosting Davidson and Umass.  La Salle will match up well against them.  Both have the guards and littgle to no inside games to speak of.  Fordham has take them out already.  Deja Vue?  Or a revenge game?  I can't see them dropping any of the two home games right.  It would be interesting to see then play at Fordham with fourth place on the line.

Mason/La Salle/Geedubya:  all have seven conference losses.  All should likely avoid the PIG session in Brooklyn but four games is still four games.  Mason has a killer kick:  at Dayton, at Richmond and home to Fordham.  La Salle has to go to Dayton and Geedubya.  Geedubya has to go to Rhodey and Davidson and hosts VCU in their final.

Joeys/Bonaventure:  Currently tied for ninth and avoiding the PIG.  The Joeys host VCU and Richmond but have to go to Bonaventure.  Bonaventre is at Davidson and Umass and hosts the Joeys.  Both have losses coming.

The PIG:  Loyola, Rhodey and Umass appear to be locks.  Richmond and Davidson are veteran enough to run off a few more wins but Davidson is already at nine losses.  Not good.  Richmond, who plays poorly on the road, has to go to VCU and the Joeys while hosting us.  Also not the greatest.

Adman likes this

At this juncture, my All A10 team:

James Bishop IV, George Washington: Can't argue with the conference's leading scorer.

Yuri Collins, Saint Louis:  Can't argue with the nation's leading assist man.

DaRon Holmes II, Dayton:  The dunks and FG% are impressive but Holmes remains one-dimensional in a conference where there are few big men to challenge him.

Tyler Burton, Richmond:  Richmond's all universe man.  

Toumani Camara, Dayton:  Really the glue guy that makes it all work for the Flyers.

Second team:  Gibson Jimerson, Saint Louis; Darius Quisenberry, Fordham; Josh Oduro, George Mason; Brendan Adams, George Washington; and Ace Baldwin, VCU.

Third team:  Sam Mennenga, Davidson; Dae Dae Grant, Duquesne; Eric Reynolds, St. Joseph's; RJ Luis, Umass; and Ishamel Leggett, Rhode Island.

Freshmen team:  RJ Luis, Umass; Will Richardson, Fordham; Lynn Greer IV, St. Joseph's; Mike Sharvarjamts, Dayton; Maximus Edwards, George Washington; and Yann Farrell, St. Bonaventure.

Transfer team: Chad Venning, Bonaventure; Dae Dae Grant, Duquesne; Phil Alston, Loyola; Khalid Moore, Fordham; and Javon Pickett, Saint Louis.

Coach of the Year: Keith Urgo, Fordham.

Player of the Year: James Bishop IV, George Washington.

Most Improved Player of the Year: Brendan Adams, George Washington.

I have to imagine the final teams will look a lot like that. Very little to quibble with.

If VCU hangs on to win the league, they might try to squeeze in more accolades for them.

I could see POY going to someone on more of a contender, like Holmes. I could also see Oduro getting first team over Camara.

33 minutes ago, Pistol said:

If VCU hangs on to win the league, they might try to squeeze in more accolades for them.

could see it for sure, but hope not.  Ace is the 3rd best PG in the A10

3 minutes ago, DOC said:

If they went on head to head Yuri would be 3rd best pg. 

right, but that's silly and not how this works. Otherwise Yuri outplayed Davis who is on the AA watch list and so on.