BillikenRich is an a**

GoSlu

First let me say I am an alumni of SLU and a fan of all SLU sports. I found this board about 6 months ago and really enjoy many of the threads here and in particular being able to discuss SLU soccer with those alumni and/or fans that enjoy following and watching the sport. And I have kept my mouth shut regarding BillikenRich's comments on soccer but enough is enough. If you can't understand how successful SLU's program has been and the local and global popularity of soccer that is not our problem. And the biggest complaint I have is that fact that you have taken it upon yourself to knock any soccer threads as you feel like it. I see nowhere on this website that says discussions have to be restricted to SLU basketball. This is not the www.billikenbasketballboard.com .

In fact it's not even your website! You are a visitor here like the rest of us. Thus, if you don't like the soccer threads THAN DON'T READ THEM AND DON'T POST IN THEM YOU A**!

D.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Please allow me to retort. If you don't like my anti-soccer posts don't read them. If you think I'm an ass, thats fine too. The list of those who think I'm an ass is long and distinguished. You don't like me cluttering up the soccer posts with lines like "Relax it's not basketball season yet" once again, to each his own. I don't particularly like wading through soccer threads to get to the only thing that matters (to me) which is Billiken hoops.

Rich has a problem he can't help it, I've done some research and discovered the problem ... when he was a kid he was the one that took his ball and ran when things didn't go his way. His mommy let him cry on her shoulders and told him the soccer players were meanies when they beat him up.

Please go easy on him as this wound is deep ... Maybe we can find some soccer players, hold them down and let Rich spit on them ... we just have to make sure we don't let them go until he has run away and is safely at home.

I know this sounds like a pretty radical cure ... but Rich needs us

I am very lenient on curse words, but I am not liking them as the title of threads. I will let it slide now, but just try to remember that this board is read by people of all ages (I started reading it when I was 11, so just think of that).

Steve

I have researched this ... talked to family and friends. If you are a real friend you will help with the cure. It is a disease beyond his control please help ... If you cannot then a donation to the fund to find a better cure would certainly help out.

>Please allow me to retort. If you don't like my anti-soccer

>posts don't read them. If you think I'm an ass, thats fine

>too. The list of those who think I'm an ass is long and

>distinguished. You don't like me cluttering up the soccer

>posts with lines like "Relax it's not basketball season yet"

>once again, to each his own. I don't particularly like

>wading through soccer threads to get to the only thing that

>matters (to me) which is Billiken hoops.

When your responses are imbedded within the threads it is difficult to ignore them vs. just ignoring an entire thread. And maybe I don't particularly like to wade through Billken hoops threads to get to the soccer threads...but fortunately this is a free forum and not the "BillikenRich" forum and the members are free to post about any SLU news and events.

And if your proud of the fact you are an a** with a "long and distinguished" list of people who think that and the only thing that matters in your life is Billiken hoops you have much bigger problems than I thought.

Keep your comments regarding soccer to yourself.

D.

If you don't like the posts, don't read 'em. Everybody has their own opinion on soccer, and if Rich wants to bash it, then he should be allowed to. Personally, I can take or leave soccer. I'll root for our team, but you will never catch me at a game. But I sure as heck get a kick out of reading his posts. Rich has had some of the best one liner's in the history of this board....and he is undoubtedly a SLU fan. He has never bashed the team, just the sport. If you want to talk trash and call people an ass, why don't you pick an Anti-SLU fan to take your anger out on.

If you have been here for six months, why didn't you rip on Too when he was destroying the credit of our team and coach?

Keep 'em coming, Rich!

I am a little curious and maybe you guys can help me out. Why is that soccer fans / players are so defensive about their sport? Sports fans in general are passionate people, and I understand the passion fans have about soccer. But, it has been my observation throughout the years that if you bad mouth soccer, people get very defensive. If you go make fun of baseball or football to a respective fan, it never seems to evoke the same kind of emotion. It's like soccer fans go out of their way to try and legitimize and pump up their sport. Well, I have news for you. Soccer is a legitimate sport. It has been and always will be. In some countries, it is the only sport. So, why defend that? It is what it is. The fact of the matter though is that soccer is not the most popular sport in America. It's not even the most popular professional sport in St. Louis and this is the mecca for soccer. Professional and collegiate soccer will never draw more fans or create more revenue or get more TV time or get more media exposure than basketball, football, baseball, or even hockey. That should be no surprise to any of you. Even though, that is not the case, that does not de-legitimize soccer in any way. It just is what it is. Soccer is the not the most important sport on campus. When I was at SLU, hardly anybody knew who the soccer players were, yet everybody knew who the basketball team was. There is no doubt that soccer has been the most successful sport at SLU. In fact, it's incredible the tradition and success that has gone on here.

I am in no way a soccer fan, but will always support the soccer Bills and wish them success. I may even go to a game as they progress far. (Also, my wife likes socer) I just don't understand the defensiveness of the sport and was hoping you guys could explain it to me.

As far as Rich posting, he can say whatever he wants. You find me a sports board or a sports chat room, where there aren't opinions like Rich's. He's enititled to his opinion and you do not have to respond to him. I, personally, enjoy reading the controversy. If you try and limit the posts that are on here, then you'll have to pinpoint a bunch of people. I have seen everything from restaurants to high school football be talked about on this board. Just because it's Billikens.com, doesn't mean it's always going to focus on that. That is just the foundation for everything, and for the most part it is limited to that as it should be. Just my opinion.

Your discussion of this is ridiculous ... Why can't we just discuss soccer in peace ... No one said soccer was the most popular sport in the USA, nor do we think it is. As far as being defensive ... why do we even have to defend it against anything ... it is simple ... if you don't like soccer, why do you feel it neccessary to post negative comments on the board.

As far as Rich is concerned ... I like Rich and his posts. (though I have never met him). I know he is just being sarcastic and that is ok with me. My post above was just giving him a little S%*& back. I hope no one really read that and thought it was fact. Please say you didn't. Rich and I have argued back and forth a little before and I believe we both know it is good natured.

Now ... I wouldn't be upset if he left soccer posts alone ... We all know he doesn't like the sport ... but if he doesn't and wants to continue to post negative comments ... I will give him some in return either way is ok.

To me it is all in fun ... and I am pretty sure Rich feels the same.

Rich ... If I was correct above and you do wish for assistance with your problem ... I would still be willing to help.

I appreciate your offer but I don't need any help spitting on soccer players. Assuming I could catch them, I could handle that on my own. In fact I've never spit on anything on the SLU campus except the peace pole. I do wish the Billiken Soccer team well. I just wish them well somewhere else, like Fenton perhaps. I still think the soccer stadium would be an excellent place for the BiondiDome!

Everyone has their own sense of humor. Obviously it doesn't take much to get chuckles for some on the board who enjoy Rich's posts. Creativity? Intelligence? I mean gollygeewillickers Beave ...bring some EFFORT to the table Rich. Take a humor class. There is always clown school, something, then check back in and I will raise your grade.

For the soccer folks that don't enjoy the same, "you suck, go away" posts(gee wonder why) just ignore them. Rich doesn't have anything intelligent to say on the subject. I know you all are used to more intelligent, more informative conversation, and that is where the disappointment lies with Rich's repeated posts. I feel your pain.

Cheers

>Courtside, For all you do this "f"s for you. My apologies

>for the gutter language. Yours is the superior intellect.

I'm sure glad we have you as the "resident expert" here in the forum on everything and everyone and your such a great representative of Saint Louis University...what an upstanding citizen you are...in case the sarcasm wasn't noted I point it out for you.

Then again I'm speaking to a spineless individual.

D.

>>Courtside, For all you do this "f"s for you. My apologies

>>for the gutter language. Yours is the superior intellect.

>

>I'm sure glad we have you as the "resident expert" here in

>the forum on everything and everyone and your such a great

>representative of Saint Louis University...what an

>upstanding citizen you are...in case the sarcasm wasn't

>noted I point it out for you.

>

>Then again I'm speaking to a spineless individual.

>D.

What are you talking about? Spineless? If you'd like to meet and discuss soccer in person, I'd be delighted. My profile isn't hidden and I do not back down from any discussion on this board or elsewhere. I make no claim to be an expert on soccer or basketball. I prefer to talk about the later as you may have guessed. I do not represent nor did I attend St. Louis U. I must confess your attempt at sarcasm must either be too subtle for my non-Jesuit trained mind to fathom or perhaps you're a complete moron. Once again I lean toward the later.

Ok guys ... I don't want to be a referee but this has gotten out of hand.

We all know Rich doesn't like soccer and even though the people who do like it and want to participate in a soccer thread prefer that he leave his negative comments out, he feels the need to get involved anyway. Ok so let it go and skip over them ... this argument is getting old ... everyone knows how everyone feels, so lets move on.

Rich,

Soccer posters do not care if you like soccer or not. I think they would have more respect for your comments if you made an attempt at a point on the soccer threads, or left them alone. Why disrupt them to get a rise? Okay once or twice...but every one? Then be prepared for the backlash. I mean let's not kid a kidder here. Posts such as "Soccer sucks," etc... on every soccer thread ...speak for themselves. Plenty of those posters would gladly listen to your reasons to your opinions and even engage in a friendly debate. People here have a sense of humor. They can laugh at themselves or a fellow post.

You can name-call everyone on here...and that is your right...as mine is to choose not to...

Your last post said you would be happy to discuss soccer in person. Well...up until now you have had numerous soccer threads to do that, but you chose not to over and over again. All of these other folks, myself included, attend many of these games, and/or take part in the threads. That opportunity has been there for you since the start...soccer expertise isn't required, just an interest in something.

I don't think I ever did a simple "soccer sucks" post. I tried to be a little more clever than that. I also did not post my musings on every soccer thread. I let a few go here and there. I am prepared as always to defend my rampant hate of soccer as a sport and therefor am not spineless as you alleged earlier. Fortunatly the Billiken soccer season is ending soon (hopefully with a national championship) Soon most of us can go on ignoring that sad, not quite as bouncy, round ball for a few short months till the soccer season starts again.