Inside play

Quickdraw

After two exhibition games, it appears that Sloan has become more reliable with the finish when he takes it to the hole against a defender. Tom has the body to keep from getting knocked off the ball; and his hands are good. Izik--that's another story. In heavy traffic he just seems to lunge toward the basket, then throw up a prayer, often without even looking for the hoop. He's got a good jumper. Unless he finds a way to get there uncontested I think he'd be better off looking to dish it off or shaking free for a short J. His drive to the bucket isn't working.

Does Frericks have a problem with asthma? We saw him using an inhaler for a while in the first half, and he seemed to be struggling for air at that point.

He is an animal inside. He does a great job using his body to get position inside for rebounds, and he always takes it strong to the hole on on offense. I don't think I've ever seen a Billiken center take it so strongly to the basket. He puts guys like Baniak and Braun to shame. If he's playing against someone who is his height (and not a shot-blocking machine like that EA center tonight), he has the potential to take over a game. If he's able to watch his fouls, he could end up being a big contributor this year. I did notice him with an inhaler too...hopefully that won't affect his ability to play too much.

Also, another great effort by Sloan tonight. I really respect a guy that hustles as much as he does every night, even if it's an exhibition game when you've already got a starting spot locked up. He's a great leader for this team.

Billiken Law ... you are kidding right. He played against a 7 footer who was very agile and quick defensively. He attacked the ball on rebounds, and has a nice touch on his shot.

I'll give you 2-1 odds right now that after he is done at SLU his numbers eclipse KB by 20%.

No way is Tom the same is KB. Tom has very good offensive footwork and a true offensive moves. Sure, his shot got thrown a bunch by a guy who played like he was nine feet tall, but he appears to have great body control on the offensive end and a real touch to his shot.

I'm sure his numbers will eclipse Brown by the time he's done, but right now I wouldn't put him as better than KB (why is it that every former Bill sucked in the eyes of fans here?). Before the big guy blocked one shot yesterday Tom had missed 3 put back bunnies. 3-11 overall and 1-7 in the first half. That wasn't all because of that big guy.

Now the move he made to back his man down from 12 feet out, turn and score, that was impressive and something they should have gone back to. For some reason they never did.

Frericks was very good on the offensive end for the most part. He has some very nice moves and backs his man down effectively. He did make one play early where he got a pass or a putback and appeared to be wide open and put up this pansy azz layup which the big man sent into the 10th row. He has got to take it strong, that should've been a dunkable play, he cannot afford to make a play like that ever.

What part of my saying TF is going to be far superior to KB offensively, sounded like KB sucked. But if you want me to ... I will say it now ... KB was an average rebounder for his size and quickness and had horrible skills on the offensive end of the floor. I don't know how many time he could have dunked the ball ... but instead he threw up a brick. Now defensively KB ... was a monster ... I only hope TF can approach KB on that end of the floor.

I like KB and think he gave his best effort every night ... and I as a fan will never ask more than that.

Frericks has a much better offensive than Kenny ever had at this point. He appears to like physical contact and can board. His defense has yet to be tested. EA had no one with any post skills. Their big man was a human pogo stick but I think he would have a hard making any shot save for a dunk.

Your first really dumb post - how can you even compare the two except that they play the same position. Tom has real inside moves, he's a threat to make a good pass because he keeps his head up and sees the court, and he has a nice stroke on his ft shot. I'm elated to have him rather than KB.