Midtown Madness: Atlantic 10 Tournament Preview featuring Ross Chaifetz

I misspoke in one instance - Williams went off against SLU two years ago, not last season. Weathers scored 26 against us twice last year. I had mentally combined those seasons. Regardless, I'd rather not run into Duquesne in this tournament.

HoosierPal likes this

11 minutes ago, Pistol said:

I misspoke in one instance - Williams went off against SLU two years ago, not last season. Weathers scored 26 against us twice last year. I had mentally combined those seasons. Regardless, I'd rather not run into Duquesne in this tournament.

Plus they would be coming off two big wins, meaning their shooter are likely "hot".

boy i really want st joes to get beat.   i want nothing to do with them right now.   daly on a mission.  

The thing about St. Joe's is they have two guys with a permanent green light who can go off - Funk will chuck it from anywhere under any circumstances and Daly scores in a variety of ways. Honestly, the whole team seems to have a green light - they shoot more 3's than anyone in the A10 and they're second in D-I in 3PA, with almost 31 attempts per game. We've struggled to guard the perimeter for multiple game stretches this season. Funk (6-8, 230) and Daly (6-5, 225) are also matchup problems because of their size. If they're feeling it, they're dangerous.

SJU is also a horrible defensive team and extremely easy to score on in the paint. I would be running it right at them kinda the way we did against Richmond, just attacking the rim constantly and dominating the glass. I wouldn't abandon the 3 as we've done in certain games, but this is a possible matchup where SLU could absolutely bully its way to a big win. They allow more points than anyone else in the conference and almost anyone else in D-I.

La Salle is 1-5 since beating SLU and St. Joe's is 3-0 since January 30th, the last time they lost. That includes a win over La Salle. I like SJU in this first game and we'll all be watching that UMass second round game closely.

Just now, Cowboy said:

-thread title doesn't encourage clicks

20 minutes ago, Taj79 said:

Who's this Chaifet guy?

There might be a character limit for thread titles.

• SluSignGuy changed the title to Midtown Madness: Atlantic 10 Tournament Preview featuring Ross Chaifetz