kellerman

He was about 6'7 210 lb during the high school school season - supposedly he's grown another inch since then. Likes to wander around the perimeter and shoot threes - did that at about a 42% clip last season. Handles the ball well for a player his size but not really quick enough to beat a guard off the dribble. Hasnt' shown any post moves but rebounds ok. Passes well, average defender. Stats for O'Fallon last year: 13 ppg 7 rpg 3.5 apg.

Comparison: poor man's Derek Grimm

I played with him in high school. He has grown about 6 inches since I last played. I saw him in a couple games this year. He can shoot well from the baseline three and can roll off picks very well. As I remember he could never create his own shot and does not have the great on-the-ball defense that soderberg likes in a player. I think he would be a good addition to SLU. If you can shoot, you can play. So the projected line up in 3 years would be....nevermind, thats thinking TOO far ahead.

Roy,(or anyone for that matter)I have in may mind Chris being a similar player to Luck(height and weight seem close,both about 6-7ish)Is that a fair comparision?

i would not compare kellerman to ryan luechtifeld. imo, luck was a lot tougher and willing to do the intangibles more. kellerman is a sg in a pf body imo. i am not a kellerman fan. i was not a ryan luck fan either (i was a big jeff luck fan though). but if i had to pick i would have taken ryan luck over kellerman.

jeff was not only the shooter (and more) that kellerman is, but jeff did all the other things as well. sorry, i dont even see kellerman as close to jeff luck.

i say a taller version of troy robertson would be more like it. like i said, kellerman is a shooter a 2 guard, in a pf body. now if he comes out this winter and plays the rest of the game like matt shaw, i will lead the charge on sign this kid. but no way i early sign him.

at least he tried. he was in there fighting and clawing for whatever he could get. kellerman sits out on the wing and waits for a pass. like i said, if the rest of his game was matt shaw like, i would lead the charge, but he doesnt want to utilize his big body for anything but shooting threes over 5'10" high school guards.

If Brad is truly recruiting this young man, then is this a sign that we are unlikely to land a true 4 player in the near future? I have not seen Kellerman play, but he does not sound like a particularly high level recruit from the descriptions on this board. Creating your own shot is important, as is playing physical defense. I am not sure that these qualities can be created by the coaching staff in this case.

insiders.com confirms it tonite......

"O'Fallon (Ill.) High School head coach Kevin Kellermann has confirmed that his son, Chris Kellermann, made a verbal commitment Saturday to play his college basketball for Central Michigan University.

The 6-foot-8, 225-pound power forward had been considering a number of Division I schools, but Coach Kellermann said Chris liked what he saw at CMU when visiting the weekend of Sept. 11.

"He hit it off real well with the players," coach Kellermann said. "Chris liked the facilities and he liked (CMU head) coach (Jay) Smith. "This is a great opportunity for Chris and I know I feel real good about his decision."

Last season, Kellermann averaged 14 points, seven rebounds and four assists per game for O'Fallon. He shot 65 percent from the field (44 percent from 3-point range) and 89 percent from the charity stripe.

Kellerman also had offers and interest from Bradley, Samford, Southeast Missouri State, Austin Peay, Wichita State, Bowling Green, Wisconsin-Green Bay and Southern Illinois."