TV schedule

kshoe

until we are a consistent top 25 team, we arent going to be in any espn games unless we are playing the likes of louisville or something like that. i.e. we arent the reason espn picked us. fox doesnt have a contract with c-usa. thus espn blocks that. at least that is my understanding.

you are correct about the home games, i.e. what's the point? however, i will give charter credit for picking up almost all the road games. no way fox, espn or anyone else would show that many games let alone just the road portion of the schedule.

i wouldnt bet that kmox will carry the paradise jam games. few times in the past have the exhibition games and preseason tourney games been broadcast. besides, it might interfere with the kmox auto report or the swap shop.

i'll believe it when i hear it. especially if on the weekend when there are a million other sporting events for kfns that traditionally wants to use the syndicated stuff for weekends.

If my memory serves me correct, the A10 has their own TV deal that they market around the country for their teams. It will be interesting if they sell an exclusive deal to Charter or Fox. If this is true, it will behoove our beloved Bills to have a bangup year this year to help themselves out as they join this new league.

Official Billikens.com sponsor of John Duff

Tagging onto the "need a bang up year" comment, how effective will the recruiting class be this year? It seems to me we are gearing up for a serious 2005-6 or 2006-7 season. This has probably been talked about much on this board (I am new to the board), but which of the new local recruits do you see getting a starting position and having the big contribution this year? I am excited about our recruits for the most part (kudos to coach) but not sure on the 2004 impact. How many of our egges are in the Reggie basket this year?

(Sorry if I got off the TV track but curious what you guys think)

ealstun said, "Tagging onto the "need a bang up year" comment, how

effective will the recruiting class be this year?"

since most of us believe that newborne and polk will both have to contribute a lot, here's hoping the new recruiting class is extremely effective! half of the class, (newborne and brown) are relatively unknowns. so it is hard to comment at this point. but practice starts late next friday nite (i assume a midnight practice is forthcoming? any one know anything?) and we will then have a lot better feel for how they will mesh with reggie, frericks, izik and drejaj.

ealstun said, "It seems to me we are gearing up for a serious 2005-6 or 2006-7 season. This has probably been talked about much on this board (I am new to the board), but which of the new local recruits do you see getting a starting position and having the big contribution this year?"

imo, only newborne will start at the beginning of the year. our inside game is dangerously unknown outside of frericks. but one would be a fool to think that polk is not going to be there asap. just too much natural talent.

ealstun said, "I am excited about our recruits for the most part (kudos to coach) but not sure on the 2004 impact. How many of our egges are in the Reggie basket this year?"

reggie will have a lot to shoulder, but again, i think the strength of the team will lie in how good newborne is and how much izik finally decides to play consistently at the high level he is capable of. reggie and frericks are the best players, but they cant do it all.

Welcome to the board, eallstun. come back and visit often.

If I had to put one thing that would reflect on the bills having a good season this year is how much IO improves over last year. I believe his upside potential is great, and he can't be satisfied with another year of 'good game, but not great'. He is capable of putting together a double digit average point total for the year, and dominating a few.

Official Billkens.com sponsor of John Duff

I don't know the intricacies to all this Charter Cable stuff, but is because the games are on cable, there is no satelite that the game is beamed to?

I guess where I am going with this is if we were able to find satelite coordinates for Billikens games we could find establishments in out of town cities to watch games. I know of at least a few in Chicago that if you bring satelite coordinates to, they will put the your team's game on.

Still trying to find a way to watch the Billikens in Chicago!

I am sure if you would contact the alumni office, they could put you in touch with some alumni coordinator for the Chicago area who would love to start up a group to get together for a few higher priority games.

This board might even be a springboard to getting such an event together. I would think Chicago would be one of the bigger alumni areas outside of the local St Louis area.

Official Billikens.com sponsor of John Duff