Braditude

slu72

I applaud UB's dismissal/suspension of JJ if the reason was lack of commitment. I'm thinking that if there are others who are not in shape, UB made an example out of JJ to wake up the others. I would imagine practices are not going to be much fun for these guys. By the way, any report on DC's hand problem, TF's recovery, and RB's foot? These nagging little injuries are starting to worry me. Bills have been relatively lucky, with exception of TF, in regards to injuries the past two seasons.

>" TF's recovery, and RB's foot? These nagging little

>injuries are starting to worry me. Bills have been

>relatively lucky, with exception of TF, in regards to

>injuries the past two seasons".

Tom had to go through an "special project conditioning phase" to get back into b-ball shape. This was partly due to Tom taking 15 hours of class time this summer especially taking Spanish 2 & 3. It didn't leave a lot of extra time. Tom also received a concussion about 4 weeks ago during a pickup game at the gym. The doctors would not let Tom play or condition for about a week or so. Due to that I think Coach Brad was a liitle perturbed that Tom keeps getting banged up. Therefore to keep Tom healthy to at least 10/15 Brad had Tom asigned to one of the asst coaches as a special project to get him in the best shape ever before practice starts 10/15.

They ran his butt off and then ran him some more. Tom didn't know until after the "special project status" that he was being pushed to run and make times faster than the other bigs. Not that that was a problem especially since he was making most the times, I would say at this junction, Tom is in pretty good shape to start the practice season. Additional conditioning will continue especially as the team continues to take healthy jaunts through Forest Park and the hilly terrain. Tom says that there are some killer steep, gut retching hills in Forest Park!

Tom is back working with the team working on individual skills as well as team conditioning. No more issues with the concussion and as far as his asthma, I would say as long as he has his inhalher he should not experience the issues that were caused by breathing all the circus air junk & dust experienced last year.

Tom knows he has to run and stay in the games and finish each game vs last year.

As a cadet I ran around Forest Park quite often it is about 6 mi all the way around and Art Hill is a killer.

I appreciate your input NEW2SLU but I don't buy the 15 hrs. of classes excuse. Sorry going to class for 3 or 4 hrs. a day isn't that rough you can still study and work out. I do understand getting injured and not being able to work out. I'm just happy to hear that he is in shape now we need him. Del Taco so close to the apartments is tough I'm sure and JIB open 24-7 I know it is a temptation 99c for 2 tacos.

well let's not forget that chris massey took 28 hours in one semester and of course the scholar of all times......ricky clemons!

I never took classes in the Summer but I did take 19 hrs. in one semester while working part time, in ROTC, being an active member of a fraternity and keeping up on my demanding drinking habit.

1 hr. a day 5 days a week can get you in shape.

A Bomb, there is being in shape, and being hammered for DivI basketball. Most people don't realize how much Brad (unfortunately) was depending on JJ to step up this year. JJ is on the hotseat because he was far from being hammered, and then showed that he really wasn't too concerned about playing time.

Like any job, the boss sometimes has to straighten people out.

BTW, two of my younger brothers are Rangers, one still is in on active duty and is totally hammered, and he is not in basketball shape. ;-)

My statements were about the excuse of not having time to work out due to taking Summer School Classes.

I would bet your brother could out push-up, out sit-up and out run (distance) any member of our basketball team. I undertand they get into a different kind of shape but they are given a work out regimen tailored to them and the equipment to do so.

I agree, I took a full load in college and that only took up just a few hours of my day. at other schools players are mandated to go to summer school and still work out with the team. If u fall out while running and can't make it, u get put out of that work out. A whole summer, it's no excuse really not to be in shape, unless u absolutely did nothing to stay in shape.

As far as the Asthma, I know how that is, we're all asthmatics, Reg has asthma, it flucuates. Since college though and the working out and etc....his asthma has been controlled, I don't think he used his pump much at all last season.

I'm hoping that Tom is healthy, but my main thing is that Tom is a Senior, I want him to play with all confidence, all cockiness, heart and get passed his past injuries, that shouldn't hold him back, and realize, he has IAN, and BRYCE itching for time this year, so they're gonna workout twice as hard, especially when they know the coach wasn't to pleased. Don't think they're just sitting by, they're your friends but if they can get time because Tom's having issues, they'll take it, anyone would. I'm saying the same thing I tell Reg all the time, Play hard, do your thing, every year I tell him, this is "YOUR YEAR"....I'll be the first getting on him, when he messes up.

Haha, yah, but he got laced in quite possibly one of the hardest hits I've ever seen in a football game in high school. His sophomore year against BG. Went up for a ball over the middle, got drilled, held onto the ball, and hopped right up. I still don't know how he got up from that.