USF

BLIKNS

My thought was with Woolard at USF,and with the Bulls going to be playing in the Big East,this could keep interest in the area,seems there are a few Bills fans there,and any team in the Big East will be good for the RPI.

Have you been to Madison SQ Garden? The place has narrow concourses, its poorly lit and the sightlines are awful for hockey.

America west? How come the Coyotes are building a new venue? Target center in Minn? Isnt that the renamed building that the NorthStars left? One where the newer Wild wouldnt play?

have you been to these buildings or are you just thumbing through a list and wasting our time?

cheesycow said, "MCI Center, Conseco Field House, Madison Square Garden, Fleet Center, Target Center, Arco Arena, Miami Arena, America West Arena, Rose Quarter, United Center...shall i name a few more?"

i have been to conseco, the target center, and the united center, i know they are not better than the savvis. my guess is that you are just naming arenas now since you exposed your ignorance including these three.

since madison square garden is about a million years old, i doubt if it is as nice. isnt arco the center in sacramento? if so, the pictures i have seen of it are a joke. it definitely isnt in the same league. i believe america west is in phoenix. it too has some age doesnt it?

go back and do your homework. to give you a hint though, the pond in aniheim is supposed to be nicer and the new arena in atlanta is. those are the only two i know of.

like i said, i have been to quite a few. and if you listen to sports broadcasters, they will tell you as well that the savvis is a palace. again, dont just name arenas, name the ones that are better. i gave you two that are reputed to be better.

sorry you came back to school dumber than last year. one would think that wouldnt be the case.

I have been there and also to the Savvis. I would have to say the Savvis is much much nicer. The United Center was very dirty when I went ( kinda like a certain Mi$$ouri School). M-I-Z-N-I-T, that chant never gets old. It was hard to hear that Mizzou will be w/o Hansbrough but only because of Grimes bricks coming from your precious new arena were so loud.

how did this get turned around where i have to justify my statements about the savvis? you are the one that labeled the savvis as crummy when anyone with an ounce of sense can see that is false. why dont you defend your knock on the savvis? personally, i think the look of the savvis needs no defense on my statements. as i have said, i have visited a lot of big city arenas around the country, and none that i have visited are better. the united center is the closest i have visited, but it has narrower hallways and the seats are closer than at the savvis. as i documented above, the target center isnt even in the same league, same with conseco, the pyramid, the bradley center, kemper, the horizon, freedom hall, the assembly hall, firstar (cincy), the shoemaker center, or hearns. i have been to oklahoma states place, iowa, bradley, butler, siu, siu-e, illinois state, not even close. yet somehow savvis is crummy? well if that is true, then what does that say about all of the arenas i just listed above that i know are not on the facilities scale as savvis?

Savvis is not at all bad for the NHL, what it was created for. But you and I have both been to slu basketball games- it's not made for college basketball. It's too big. That's why it's crummy.Regardless of it's "palace" status- it's not among the top 10 arenas in the country, and i defy you to find it listed as such anywhere but in your own head.

You're turning this into a battle of semantics. You're arguing for the structural integrity, efficiency and aesthetic beauty of the building- i'm arguing for the atmosphere. College basketball at Savvis is just not that good.

An NIT team fan ridiculing another NIT team...sure- i'll give it to you. absolutely.

"Grimes bricks coming from your precious new arena were so loud."

SO i take it you were not among the bills fans clamoring for his transfer?

Is hansbrough going to SLU? Huh. I could have sworn he was going to another state, another conference, and another school- but correct me if i'm wrong and i will absolutely accept your trash talk. It is absolutely justifiable. yep. absolutely.

What are you talking about ... you come on this board to ridicule ... you began this thread with the intent to riducule. Your first post on this thread was a baited question and you were just waiting to pounce. I can't believe you have so little to do

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H. Waldman

cheesy said, "You're turning this into a battle of semantics. You're arguing for the structural integrity, efficiency and aesthetic beauty of the building"

that is all i ever said it was. the state of the crowd has nothing to do with making a building a "palace" or "crummy". but your extreme view of the atmoshere is off base as well. thus, it is not about symantics, your view is just plain wrong.

if the crowd is only going to be 11-13k, it does seem empty. however those that were there when the building first opened and saw claggett and company fill the place, same with hughes, remembers that when filled it actually was not a pleasant place for opponents to play. slu was as high as 7th in the country in attendance and always in the top 20 and the atmosphere was just fine. the fact that st louis casual sports fan decided to spend his sports dollars on the rams instead of the billikens shouldnt make a building crummy. it makes the crowds crummy. but that is not the fault of the savvis.

cheesy said in regards to why duke wont come to slu to play, ""Why would I want to travel 800 miles to play an inferior team in a crummy atmosphere where half the building will be full?"

so that means that duke will play it's only road game at uconn (mileage is just less than 700 miles). ok, i can see that.

no i am not harping on the distance. i am talking about inferior teams. there probably arent but 3-4 college teams that are not inferior compared to duke. and i agree that would definitely not be the billikens as well as your cheating Tiger$ since the tiger$ of mi$$ouri were inferior to a lot of teams last year including the billikens. the billikens had a better record, they never lost to the likes of belmont, the billikens went further in post season. so i think it is amusing you are throwing stones at the billikens for being an inferior team to duke when there is no doubt that your favorite college team is inferior to the billikens.

Fair enough. You guys beat indiana on a buzzer beater to advance further than us in the NIT (nevermind that we lost to the eventual champions, and blew indiana out of the water).

You had more quality wins than us...like...dayton?

Nevermind that you had a worse RPI by season's end.

"they never lost to the likes of belmont,"

except when they lost to west virginia and SMS...

And nevermind that your padded won-loss record came at the likes of grambling, Savannah state, North Carolina A&T, and Eastern Kentucky.

And howabout kansas state? Missouri beat them by a combined 19 points in two games, whereas SLU struggled to win by 1.

Perhaps you should dig a little deeper before making blanket claims like "mizzou is obviously inferior to SLU."

Yes, mizzou had a disappointing season- but they are by no means anywhere near "inferior" to SLU.

we played on. we had a better record and like i said didnt lose to belmont. i would love to have witnessed a mi$$ouri matchup with both slu and sms. the tiger$ would have lost to both. sorry, chalk last season up to the billikens. tigers were only the third best team in the state of missouri last year.

SLU beat Iowa (not Indiana) in the NIT, completely invalidating your matchup math comparison.

I won't argue that SLU had more quality wins than Mizzou, but SLU had no bad losses, while Mizzou did. You have to examine the whole resume. SLU's losing on the road at West Virginia and SMS does not compare to Mizzou's losing at home to Belmont.

At least SLU won the games it was supposed to. Mizzou can't say the same.

Kansas State -- more matchup math. Give me a break. SLU won, Mizzou won; that's all that matters.

The 2004 Bills were superior (by a small margin) to the 2004 Tigers, but that shouldn't have been.

Ok, dude...I've had enough of this crap. You're gone for the whole summer and the conversation on this board has been pretty good (for the most part). You come back and pick up right where you left off. Didn't school just let in? Don't you have friends to meet up with, beers to drink, parties to attend? Your first post was obviously written to get a rise out of us. Then you come back and arbitrarily name off a bunch of arena's you've never been to that are supposedly nicer. Then we call you out on that and you say you mean for atmosphere. How the hell is Censeco Fieldhouse better atmosphere for college ball? Do they play college games there? How about MSG (other than a few big St. John's games)? The only times you've seen MSG are on TV when the place is sold out for NIT games. Of course it looks awesome...what wouldn't?

Bottom line is you're not here to discuss the billikens. You're here to get a rise out of us and argue with Billiken Roy. I think it's time to get a life, man...

"SLU beat Iowa (not Indiana) in the NIT, completely invalidating your matchup math comparison."

Brain fart on me i guess. But I don't see how that "invalidates" anything.

Mizzou 76, Iowa 56

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/boxscore?gameId=240030142

And losing two games to teams between 80-100 in rpi on the road is definitely at least the equivalent to losing to the 91 team in the rpi at home. SLU didn't beat a single team in the top 25 of rpi, going 0-3. The tigers didn't fare a whole lot better, but they did beat Oklahoma State, who made it to the final four.

I'm not trying to argue for the superiority of mizzou hoops last year, i'm just arguing against the "obvious inferiority" claimed by roy.

i agree with everything nashville says. but of course it takes two to "argue", so it is my fault i respond to the idiot. i will try to let him ramble to himself in the future. but like too, it is hard to stand by and let the pr!cklike mi$$ouri fans come into our house and tell us how inferior we are all the time and not respond.

sorry again to everyone on the board that i engaged this guy.

Trash talk? Are you kidding me, cheesy? I can't even believe you have the gall to show up on this board. You are a joke. Your team is a joke. Your school is a joke. I have seen it all now. Your cocky little a## showed up here early last season with a bunch of juvenile posts with only one purpose - to act like a fool to Steve. Then, after much thrashing from this board, you decided to talk basketball. Now, one would think since you are on a Billiken board, you would talk Billiken basketball. But, once again you tried to stir up crap and decided to talk Mizzou smack. All the while acting like you were a Billiken fan as well. Remember your quotes about liking both SLU and MU? Remember, "you swear"? After showing little regard for the Billiken program and after you proved to everybody on this board that you were not even the slightest fan of the Billikens, you decided to hang around and stir the pot some more with a cocky attitude about your Tigers. The reason you did all this? Mostly because you're a little sh#t and have no life, but also because you thought you were on the brink of an incredible season by the Tigers. Do you even remember your quotes at the bottom of your posts about MU's ranking and SLU not being ranked. Well, that came back to slap you in your face, didn't it. Then all hell broke loose at your school and you hung in there still defending the Columbia wasteland. I even recall you saying the MU debacle was only news in St. Louis and Missouri and that it wasn't being talked about nationally. Then as the season progressed and it became more of a joke and you looked even more like an idiot when you talked about MU making a comeback as they were playing better. Well, well, well, Idiot Boy - thanks for your cocky attitude about your glorious Tigers. I for one enjoyed the entertainment as your Tigers soon became the most underperforming basketball team perhaps in the history of college basketball. Your golden boy Q, brought himself down about 10 nothces in the eyes of college basketball. Your school, your coaching staff, your President, your AD soon became the laughing stock of the nation. Your 2 stud players that were regarded so highly screwed themselves in the draft and your program will be under the watchful eye of the NCAA. I know, I know - it wasn't MU's fault. Guess it was just bad luck! Now, here you are again, almost one year later back talking smack on the Billiken board. Well, welcome back, Idiot Boy! I for one can't wait what you say next. So, skip all the college parties, stay in on Friday and Saturday nights to post on this board, continue to confirm what a moron you are and how stupid you looked all last season! It's quite entertaining! The only thing better than MU's disaster last season was your posting on this board all about it!