The Bills over GW by 2

We come into this game still clinging to a B- while GW is a C team.  On paper ...we got em.  But as you all know this game is played on the court.  Our offenses are pretty close...weak   They have an edge on the short shots...we have the edge on rebounding...so on offense I will call it even.   On defense, we have the clear advantage.

Let's look at the report card.

..................SLU...............OFF...............GW....................................SLU....................DEF....................GW

FG%.............F+.....................................C .....................................B.................................................D

3P%.............F......................................F+......................................C.................................................D+

PPG..............F......................................F+ .....................................A ...............................................B-

FT%.............F- ....................................C................................................................................................

Reb.............B.......................................D......................................A-................................................B

Top performers in the nation

Blks.......French........51st.......Watanabe...87th

You will not find many betting lines on this game.... no one but us cares.

Bottom line.....Stop Watanabe ...hold him to 12....Play some D....they are not very good on O...if we bother them I think we can hold them to 60 or less pts.  Don't give the game away....no more than 12 TOs....Make some FTs....and finally as always make some baskets.....42/ 32/ 67.  If we miss any of these numbers in a close game...it could be wait till next year time.

We have won on paper...now let's win on the court.

24 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

We come into this game still clinging to a B- while GW is a C team.  On paper ...we got em.  But as you all know this game is played on the court.  Our offenses are pretty close...weak   They have an edge on the short shots...we have the edge on rebounding...so on offense I will call it even.   On defense, we have the clear advantage.

Let's look at the report card.

..................SLU...............OFF...............GW....................................SLU....................DEF....................GW

FG%.............F+.....................................C .....................................B.................................................D

3P%.............F......................................F+......................................C.................................................D+

PPG..............F......................................F+ .....................................A ...............................................B-

FT%.............F- ....................................C................................................................................................

Reb.............B.......................................D......................................A-................................................B

Top performers in the nation

Blks.......French........51st.......Watanabe...87th

You will not find many betting lines on this game.... no one but us cares.

Bottom line.....Stop Watanabe ...hold him to 12....Play some D....they are not very good on O...if we bother them I think we can hold them to 60 or less pts.  Don't give the game away....no more than 12 TOs....Make some FTs....and finally as always make some baskets.....42/ 32/ 67.  If we miss any of these numbers in a close game...it could be wait till next year time.

We have won on paper...now let's win on the court.

B- v. C and only win by 2? Is their "home-court" advantage factored in?

22 minutes ago, Littlebill said:

B- v. C and only win by 2? Is their "home-court" advantage factored in?

Whatever small home court advantage there may be has been wiped out by GW playing back to back games. So no home court advantage.

I think we are only a 2 point fav because of our inconsistency....the X factor....the factor that many times this year something goes wrong....20 TOs...off the chart shooting...not in a good way....below 40/ below 20 / below 60...stop playing D....these things don't happen all the time but happen enough to make this a 2 pt game.  If we have a decent game , we should be able to win by 10.

3 minutes ago, BillikenBoy10 said:

Would a win tonight solidify our B- ranking?  Does a loss drop us to C+ on the year?  Assuming there is no way to get to a B rating this year, even an A10 tourney win.

It depends....If we win by 2  ...we would continue to hang on to B-....we would need a win by double figures to solidify a B-....A loss and we would finish the year at C+.  If we win the tourney that would boost us to B.

2 hours ago, The Wiz said:

It depends....If we win by 2  ...we would continue to hang on to B-....we would need a win by double figures to solidify a B-....A loss and we would finish the year at C+.  If we win the tourney that would boost us to B.

What if we win the NCAA tournament? ;)

3 hours ago, BillsBeliever!!! said:

What if we win the NCAA tournament? ;)

Hmmm....

Get your bracket next week.....fill it out ...If you get them all correct....that will be the same chance as the Bills winning the NCAA  tourney.

A big win ...means we finish over 500 for the first time in a few years.

I think the inconsistency , I talked about in post 3 to Littlebill showed up tonight.  Here is what I said.....

"I think we are only a 2 point fav because of our inconsistency....the X factor....the factor that many times this year something goes wrong....20 TOs...off the chart shooting...not in a good way....below 40/ below 20 / below 60...stop playing D....these things don't happen all the time but happen enough to make this a 2 pt game.  If we have a decent game , we should be able to win by 10."

We lost by double digits in the 1st half...won by double digits in the 2nd half.  Even more dramatic was the half slashes....1st half a dismal ....25/22/56.....2nd half an unbelievable 67/50 60...we still can't shoot foul shots....out rebounded 1st half....20-15....2nd half ...won the battle 16-14.....TOs 1st half an unacceptable 7 to their 3.....2nd half a great 3 vs their 8..... Overall we stopped Watanabe ...we needed to hold him to 12 ....he had 11.  And finally the projected game slash of 42/32/67...we finished ...48/37/58...with the 1st 2 numbers more than making up for the weak foul shooting.

If we can play tomorrow's game against Davidson like we did in the 2nd half tonight....we win.

Let's do it.

I ran 10,000 Monte Carlo simulations overnight and the results say Dav by 9. Sagarin would indicate 7, but doesn’t account for Goodwin’s absence.

Waiting on word from the Wiz. What say you?