Winter break transfers around the country

brianstl

9 minutes ago, DeSmetBilliken said:

I’m not Pistol, but yes, he was. Sacrificed the chance to play in a better basketball league so he could go to an Ivy League school. Did well there, and apparently is graduating early and transferring. I think he decided to not play this season for Dartmouth so as to save eligibility for after he transferred.

Thank you.

37 minutes ago, brianstl said:

Added to the thread title hoping to avoid giving the fans that yell sit down in the final 30 seconds of a tie game heart attack.

Bite me.  I was so loud and pissed at the Houston game that I was scaring kids and adults alike.  Still thought this thread was about Billikens transferring out initially/

21 minutes ago, Billiken Rich said:

Bite me.  I was so loud and pissed at the Houston game that I was scaring kids and adults alike.  Still thought this thread was about Billikens transferring out initially/

The joke wasn’t directed at you or others that posted in this thread.  Jesus, you been an angry man recently.

15 hours ago, brianstl said:

I know we won't be able to add anyone, but I have a question for Pistol.  Evan Boudreaux who transfered yesterday from Dartmouth to X, wasn't he a SLU target at one point?

Looks like a nice pick up for X.

15 hours ago, DeSmetBilliken said:

I’m not Pistol, but yes, he was. Sacrificed the chance to play in a better basketball league so he could go to an Ivy League school. Did well there, and apparently is graduating early and transferring. I think he decided to not play this season for Dartmouth so as to save eligibility for after he transferred.

Boudreaux was indeed a SLU recruit, and looked like a serious one for a while. He also looked like a Big Ten target, with offers from almost half of the league and the other half tracking him, as well as offers from DePaul, Iowa State, BC, and others. Lot of ACC and Big East interest. He looked like a Northwestern lean for a while, citing the mix of academics, rising program, and location (he's from Lake Forest), but I'm not sure what happened there. It's not like he fell off the earth, but he also didn't become a late stock riser or anything. His mom was an All-American in basketball and a big-time track and field athlete at Dartmouth, so that may have been a big reason for the surprise signing there. Also this:

"Boudreaux is the son of former Dartmouth basketball star Gail Koziara-Boudreaux, a titan in the health-care business field. She was recognized as a member of Fortune magazine’s “50 Most Powerful Women in American Business” and Forbes magazine’s “100 Most Powerful Women in the World” lists and is on the Dartmouth board of trustees. Koziara-Boudreaux and her family gave Dartmouth $2 million in 2015 to endow the college’s women’s basketball head coaching position."

Anyway, he'll have the unique designation of two-year grad transfer at Xavier. He's wrapping up his degree at Dartmouth in three years, sitting out this year to help make that possible, and will then play two years at Xavier while getting his graduate degree.

4 hours ago, Pistol said:

Boudreaux was indeed a SLU recruit, and looked like a serious one for a while. He also looked like a Big Ten target, with offers from almost half of the league and the other half tracking him, as well as offers from DePaul, Iowa State, BC, and others. Lot of ACC and Big East interest. He looked like a Northwestern lean for a while, citing the mix of academics, rising program, and location (he's from Lake Forest), but I'm not sure what happened there. It's not like he fell off the earth, but he also didn't become a late stock riser or anything. His mom was an All-American in basketball and a big-time track and field athlete at Dartmouth, so that may have been a big reason for the surprise signing there. Also this:

"Boudreaux is the son of former Dartmouth basketball star Gail Koziara-Boudreaux, a titan in the health-care business field. She was recognized as a member of Fortune magazine’s “50 Most Powerful Women in American Business” and Forbes magazine’s “100 Most Powerful Women in the World” lists and is on the Dartmouth board of trustees. Koziara-Boudreaux and her family gave Dartmouth $2 million in 2015 to endow the college’s women’s basketball head coaching position."

Anyway, he'll have the unique designation of two-year grad transfer at Xavier. He's wrapping up his degree at Dartmouth in three years, sitting out this year to help make that possible, and will then play two years at Xavier while getting his graduate degree.

Doesn’t Chaifetz live in Lake Forest?  Pull some strings, Doc!