Some Love for DR

I think last night shows that Davell still has some upside.  I think the senior starts, at least initially, in the fall.  Can't teach experience, and I noticed right away in the early practices how much different he looked, his game face was on during those early practices.  Another summer of lifting, conditioning, and practice shooting 3's (already so improved);  plus just so much less pressure on him, with oodles more talent around him.  I'm bullish on DR!!!  Board the train, folks, it's heading out . . . . . .

3 minutes ago, DoctorB said:

I think last night shows that Davell still has some upside.  I think the senior starts, at least initially, in the fall.  Can't teach experience, and I noticed right away in the early practices how much different he looked, his game face was on during those early practices.  Another summer of lifting, conditioning, and practice shooting 3's (already so improved);  plus just so much less pressure on him, with oodles more talent around him.  I'm bullish on DR!!!  Board the train, folks, it's heading out . . . . . .

He is around 730 pts so he should hit the 1000 mark next year

i dont think davell will be as dominant when he isnt playing as much. right now he is the primary scoring option. he is killer when open.. teams that dont play stellar defense have been getting demolished by him.

DR will play next year. I think Hines will get minutes before Graves is eligible.

13 minutes ago, DoctorB said:

as I stated on the other thread about starting lineups, I love him along side of Goodwin and AD.  having Goodwin as the driving guard, and DR and AD as the shooters, lethal. plus you have guards who can rebound. 

33 minutes ago, DoctorB said:

Agreed. There is no substitute for experience. He gets after it on D, too. And I love the trash talk. Gives him a little swagger. 

39 minutes ago, DoctorB said:

An interesting stat is that Roby has 104 assists and Hines has 76 (in 130 fewer minutes).  Roby's A/TO ratio is 1.60 to Hines 1.55.  Could he run point next year?  I don't know.  I have more confidence in Hines organizing the offense right now, simply because that is what he does.  But never say never.  No matter where on the floor he plays, Roby will once again get serious minutes next season, assuming he returns. Never say never.

Hines gathers the offense and runs what Ford wants.  He does that well.  What he does not do well is initiate an offense.  He doesn't drive and dish.  Oh, he drives, and the dish part maybe lacking because of what's on the floor with him   He doesn't defend well (just about every point guard in the league (Livingstone, Adams, Lewis II, Anderson at Fordham,, etc.) have posted huge games against him.  If i were defending, I'd want to put the ball in his hands with the shot clock running down.  Missed, forced shots are not turnovers in the tally sheet.

On the good side, he will be a senior who knowswhat to do.  How many teams will have such a luxury?   He has a spot, but its dependence is lessened exponentially next year. Kudos to Roby.   He has survived the [dead] stench. He will be a valuable player ----at least early on, then in situations, and I think in closing out games.  His importance might be who finishes rather than who starts  Lest we forget, Grandy Glaze used to start.