Non conference schedule just posted

eskimo

Sure wish we could have brought in a top 25-30 team for the IPFW game. Similar to the GT game a couple of years ago. Can't believe we couldn't get someone big in here for a break game from conference schedule. Overall assessment, this is a scary schedule teams like Hawaii and OR could push us, they shouldn't but they probably will.

My complaint about this schedule is that it will not help season ticket sales at all. Our 3 big name games are all on the road--Iowa, Gonzaga & SIU. There is really not a non-conference home game that is going to have a large walkup crowd, unless Dayton comes in hot. We better have Gonzaga, Iowa & SIU coming to us the next year though.

Even next year doesn't thrill me if its just the Zags, Iowa, and SIU. I'd like to see Illinois, Missouri, Kansas, or one of the top tier schools. This schedule is better than last years probably but it isn't sexy. None of the nonconference home games will excite anyone who isn't already going to the games.

Having followed Iowa for many years, I think this Iowa team will be their best in many years. They return Horner, Pierce & Brunner and have added Adam Haluska a transfer from Iowa State that sat out last year. He started at State as a freshman 2 years ago. They have some depth and will be very athletice. That being said, team chemistry under Alford has been a problem. If he can get all oars rowing in the same direction, this team has the potential to win 20 - 25 games and be a top 20 team which will help our RPI after the win in December:)

It's a good schedule. Love the fact that we are bringing in d2 teams for the preseason games. ymca rec teams will not play defense but umsl will. As for losing to the d2 teams forget it. I watched 2 d2 teams come in to play ualr here in little rock last year. The players for the d2 teams were so much slower than the ualr kids that it was just a joke.

We have a lot of unknowns going into this season so I think we put a schedule of winable games. The ooc games will change in the years to come as we bring in Marquette, cini, memphis, depaul, etc for the ooc games. sms and siu will still come in too I would hope. The trade off for this will be less marque teams in conference.

>We have a lot of unknowns going into this season so I think

>we put a schedule of winable games. The ooc games will

>change in the years to come as we bring in Marquette, cini,

>memphis, depaul, etc for the ooc games. sms and siu will

>still come in too I would hope. The trade off for this will

>be less marque teams in conference.

I hope you are right that, after we go to the A10, some of our old conference mates from CUSA (especially Marquette and DePaul) will schedule us OOC. If we could get both Marquette and DePaul to schedule us with one away and one home each season, it would add some nice spice to the OOC schedule.

How would you evaluate Bryce's weight/strength training results over the past 12 months? I recently heard Coach Brad state that he was pleased with Bryce's ability to shoot the ball in 8-10 foot range. I think Bryce will be a very productive player in another year and I'm expecting some game minutes this season. I would appreciate your input.

To be honest, I haven't seen him play since Easter. I do know that he is up to 270-275 and a lot stronger than a year ago. When I watched him play against Ian in April he seemed to be holding his own pretty well. He is anxious to get the season under way after sitting out last year.

My thought was that last years game was a payback for the game we played them in St. Louis that I think was on National TV...wasn't it in Romar's last year. I remember watching that fiasco on the tube, one of the true low lights of recent Billiken history.