2016-17 Wins Prediction Thread

slufan13

On 11/6/2016 at 4:27 PM, bonwich said:

12-21. (Yes, I do realize that.)

What do I win? An apprenticeship next season with The Wiz? 

(It's interesting to peruse the predictions. Congrats to the quite a few people who called for 12 wins, which seemed to be just about the mean prediction. But although I haven't closely looked through all the entries, I think I'm the only one that hit it on the head by calling for 11-20 in the regular season and 1-1 in the tournament, which I think was the only feasible way to hit this number.)

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Predictions are for astrologers and soothsayers, predictions even when right do not show an ability to predict the future. Our predictions, the ones we made last year, achieved two things: 1. Establish the level of optimism/pessimism we had about the team and 2. Demonstrate how realistic we were about the abilities of the kids in the team. I did not do so bad this season, missed by 3 on the optimistic or rose colored glasses side, and probably will do the same for next season.

Here were the winners who predicted 12 wins:

3star_recruit

JMM28

WestCoastBilliken

Waldo027

Bonwich

hsmith19

BrianSTL

The Pelican

DesmetBilliken

SShoe

Billiken Blue

The Pelican actually suggested, after picking 12 wins, that the over/under should be 12.5.  Nice call.

The worst picks were TheTorch saying 6 wins and BillikenBay saying 18+.  For full disclosure, I said 14.  I will also add that shortly after the season started, several people took to this thread to lament picking so high, including a few who are on the list above for nailing the 12 win total.