A-10 report card

The Wiz

Happy New Year to all Bills fans.

Well, as we start conference play it is time to review...who's who and what's what.

And to answer the question, who shall we fear.?

The answer...everyone.

So here's what the A-10 looks like at this time............

Davidson......A

VCU..............A

GW................A-

RI..................A-

Day...............B+

LaS...............B

UMass...........B

Rich...............B-

St. B...............B-

GM.................C

St. J................C

Duq.................D

Ford.................D-

The Bills...........F+

Not a pretty picture. The good news is there is no way to go but up. We will have some surprise wins as we continue to put it together....particularly the single digit spreads where we are the underdog.

Remember, this is what a rebuilding year looks like.

This is hard to believe. Davidson has been good so far, but I would be very surprised if they sniff the conference title.

Davidson (A) will battle VCU (A) for the A-10 title along with GW ( A- ) and RI ( A- ). It is not just their 9-2 record You only have to look at their last game against #3 (AP poll) Va ( A+ ). Davidson led at half and most of the game . They were still tied with Va at the 11 min mark before fading at the end. And....they did it at Va. They are for real. One of the reasons I put out the report card (and grades in general) is to try and give people an easy and an objective way to rate teams rather than use stereotypes like..."Davidson is a good small college team that has gotten into the tourney in the past because they have played in an obscure weak conference. They are not really one of the big boys" Well, I an here to tell you they are legit...In a few days, I will probably favor VCU over Davidson because VCU will be at home...but it is a long season and Davidson will get another crack at VCU at the end of the season at home. I consider at this time, Davidson equal to a Kansas (A) 13th AP poll or Witchita St (A) 16th AP poll.

Want another chance to play Wichita St at their place this year? On Jan 10 we will have a re do when the Bills go to Davidson. I consider that the equivalent of our earlier match with WSU. The top 4 teams in the A-10 (of which we will play 3 of them in the next week) are great teams ...not just in the A-10 ...but in anybodys conference. It should be fun.

I am rooting for GW but not sure they can top VCU. For a realistic prediction I will go with:

1. VCU

2. GW

3. Dayton

4. RI

5. Davidson

6. UMass

7. LaSalle

8. Richmond

9. StB

10. SJU

11. SLU

12. Duq

13. GM

14. Fordham

I can see us finishing anywhere from 10th to 14th. Would really like to avoid one of the bottom two spots.