Couldn't we just start the freshman like in 2010-2011

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yarborough should get at least 25 minutes per game. Bartley and Gillman should get at least 20 each. They are our best passers and have the best feel for the game. Get Roby, Reynolds and Jolly at least 15. Cut back on McBroom unless you can figure out how to get his some open looks to set up catch and shoot in rhythm. Let Yacabou play because he can sometimes defend and rebound. Let Manning play some for defense. There is your 8 man rotation. You can substitute the rest for minutes here or there depending on your needs.

There's not much point in having McBroom out there for 30 minutes if he's only going to attempt two three-pointers. On the other hand, without him on the floor there is absolutely nothing to keep defenses honest. Yacoubou won't do anything but drive to the basket, and the prospect of Gillmann chucking up threes isn't going to scare anybody at this point.

I don't think there's a good answer right now. But for eff's sake, the season could get real old real fast if this team keeps shooting 2/19 from three points while simultaneously allowing every mediocre opponent to take open look after open look. I really can't decide which one is uglier.

AG, MY, DR, MB, MR

I wouldn't mind going with this lineup sometimes. But I'd probably start Gillmann, Glaze, Yarbrough, Yacoubou, and McBroom when Glaze is healthy, and rotate in the freshman PGs frequently. Right now, I'd probably start Reynolds over McBroom until he pulls his head out of his ass. Yes, I'm aware McBroom isn't a 'true' PG, but he's also too small to start at 2.