my take on Louisville, FWIW

DoctorB

I hope this is not just sour grapes. I said all year: when we shoot the 3 ball well, we can play with anyone. we did not shoot the 3 ball well today and if we had we'd be heading to Indy. it was the difference, period.

Louisville is a very annoying team on defense and have some guys who are creative. they have some great athletes, and Hancock is one great shooter. But these guys are certainly beatable and they are going down to Wichita. Write it down; this hail Louisville talk has really gotten annoying too. Charles Barkley (Prince Dumbbell) is an imposter, and we all know it, but his sheer disrespect was truly offensive. I just don't get all the love they've gotten, give me a break already. But these guys are beatable, and they will lose. How can you watch that mess and still say how great they are??

I am so proud of our guys gutting it out and taking the lead in the 2nd half. I want to end with that tribute. They played very very hard and did us proud in front of the basketball nation. Thanks seniors!!!!!

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Completely agree...I feel like we lost the game as opposed to them beating us...most of our 15 three point attempts were fairly open, and many of our 18 turnovers were dumb and easily preventable. 9-16 from the line leaves a few points out there, and a stupid Tech cramped our style. Frustrating, but what's new

Disagree. Think UL will reach F4. Just like others disrespected our defense and claim poor shooting and/or unforced errors, think the players would note how much that kinda pressure wears you down. As Ken Pomeroy just tweeted to those denigrating Louisville's win ... nobody's beaten the Bills like that all year.

Agree on the pride in our team part!

Disagree. Think UL will reach F4. Just like others disrespected our defense and claim poor shooting and/or unforced errors, think the players would note how much that kinda pressure wears you down. As Ken Pomeroy just tweeted to those denigrating Louisville's win ... nobody's beaten the Bills like that all year.

Agree on the pride in our team part!

How many times have we gone 0-15 from 3, missed that many FTs and turned it over 15+ times? Some was UL, a lot was our poor/off night.

Wichita State will dispose of Louisville fairly easily. Van Vleet and Baker will have a huge day from 3 if they get the looks we did today, and I believe they will. They also will avoid a lot of the turnovers we committed.

I was more than proud of our guys today. To come back and take the lead after an atrocious shooting first half says everything about this bunch. In the end our shots weren't falling enough to take them down, but that doesn't change the success of our season and it definitely doesn't change the success of this group of seniors.

The officials took SLU out with the fouls in the first six minutes-especially the ones on RL While poor shootings and TOs hurt The refs took their toll on the Bills.

Ahh, the fouls in that stretch were definitely questionable and hurt us but we were in it in the second half and could have taken control of the game. I prefer to look at where we were when we took the lead in the second half, despite the foul issues in the first half.

We got beat by a superior team, though they aren't 15 points better than us. We could have had them and I thought we had a chance, but the undoings for us were Rob being on the bench and MM suffering through a horrendous game. Officials had nothing to do with it.

Yes but the game turned and everybody knew that the NCAA wanted the upstarts to be punished.DE, JJ and RL were manhandled again. I was pleased to see JC finally get fed up and blast the refs.

Just stop. The NCAA wouldn't be airing games on 4 different channels if it wasn't for the upstarts. Yes, the refs were bad in the first half. Especially in regard to Rob. But they were not the reason we lost.

Tell me they didn't change the complexion of the game, And yes they do rig the brackets so the upstarts have the hardest road.

Yet we still took the lead in second half. I'm not going to sit around all offseason and dwell on the refs. The fact of the matter is that we were in this game and could have won if we would have hit some shots. End of story.

Tell me they didn't change the complexion of the game, And yes they do rig the brackets so the upstarts have the hardest road.

Dude, enough. You'll get nowhere doing this. The refs had nothing to do with it. MM was 2-14...that's the game. We needed to play great, we didn't. It happens.

Whiner and an excuse maker. It is more like we need to be held accountable for poor ball handling, poor shooting and just a terrible offense through and through. That isn't to discount the best three year run we've had in recent memory and what these seniors did, not to mention a stellar defense, but we all know what our undoing was. Blaming it on the officials is delusional and immature.

Tell me that the loss of RL for a big portion of the first half wasn't.critical-you've got your opinion and I can respect that but I have mine!

It was critical. But he committed all those fouls and I even thought the flagrant call was fairly obvious. He swung his elbows, blatantly. You will get called for that, whether we agree with the rule or not. I just don't buy that the officials took us out of this game. 2-14. That's the game dude.

It really did feel like the refs were piling on the Billikens intentionally. The flagrant call on Loe may have been deserved but the tech on Barnett was bullsh!t. The foul call on Jordair when it should have been a moving screen was the final straw for me. That officiating was disgustingly one sided. Half the time Hancock got open it was off a blatant moving screen. They may not have cost us the game but they damn sure made it difficult to win.