Hoops Starts Tonight...Lets Go PITT!!!!!!!

I'm sure this has been discussed before, so I apologize in advance for asking again. But why are you so pissed off at Marquette? I'm assuming it is becasue of the game against Southern Miss. And I can't say I agree. Hell, if we had the opportunity to play an extra home game, we better hop on that opportunity (as long as it does not break any rules...and from what I hear that did not break any).

If it's because they moved to the Big East, why are you so upset? The Big East lost some key teams and they had to reload. Louisville and Cincy were gone regardless. So C-USA took a big drop right there while the Big East took a huge step. With Marquette and Depaul joining, they formed possibly the most powerful conference in the country (bball wise). I cannot possibly fathom any school with half a brain turning down such an offer. SLU has done it before (see Xavier and Dayton), but they obviously had no hard feeling toward us.

I'm sure we'll disagree, but I'm very curious to know a legitimate reason for such ill will toward Marquette.

I agree with others who are confused about the anti MU approach. We want MU to be good this year and next because they add to our RPI and CUSA's RPI - we still want it to be a conference that is seen as being able to send multiple teams to the NCAA. Also, why would you be angry that they are going to the BE? That makes no sense particularily since SLU have jumped at the opportunity in all probablity. Lets stay focused on what is in the long run the best interest for the Bills.

i cant speak for central florida or anyone else, but it seems to me that marquette and depaul did little to encourage the forming of the papal conference that st louis, xavier and dayton were ready to champion. if depaul and marquette joined the fight, we would have been halfway there. only needing five more of st john's, georgetown, villanova, st joes, creighton, etc. according to my sources, marquette did nothing to try to make it happen. i dont blame them for taking the big east spot, my gosh the revenue is fabulous compared to conference usa, but i think they could have tried to make the papal conference fly.

They obviously don't have the visionary at the helm as SLU does in Fr. Biondi, so they took the money and ran. I still say it is a house of cards and there will be the same back stabbing between football and non-football schools. When it gets too bad then that's when we might start hearing rumblings about the papal conference again.