Will we still be ranked?

I don't think there's any way were in the top 20

Well, we'll see.

The only thing that really bugs me is thinking about what we could have been ranked if we had won both our games this week...

Shhhhhhhhh.... we're trying to forget.

I've had a bunch of good posts that got lost in the middle of some smack talk.

Ramnation respects slu's team.

Gotta pick your fights. This is the only one that wouldn't be overshadowed. And at some points I would have to disagree with that...

We've been getting screwed their all year... I don't care what they have to say anymore.

You do realize that Pomeroy is a mathematical formula? It's not as if he has been making judgement calls himself. And mathematically speaking, we have been the 30th best team according to that formula. Not a good sign if you ask me.

You do realize that Pomeroy is a mathematical formula? It's not as if he has been making judgement calls himself. And mathematically speaking, we have been the 30th best team according to that formula. Not a good sign if you ask me.

Right, a mathematical formula is definitely a a more accurate reflection of a team than just the opinion of some voters

That's about where I figured. A drop of 9-10 spots. The VCU loss alone wouldn't have been a killer, the loss to DU caused the bottom to fall out. But there were so many losses by those in the 10-25 range it's kind of a mess, but no team lost to anyone as bad as DU and at home. Not so much the ratings, we should really be concerned about seedlings. The committee tends to discount a good early record if a team's performance is waning at season' s end. They tend to give "getting hot" teams a boost, although they didn't do it last year with Oregon, the best 12th seed in the tourney. I'd guess right now, we have to win at least 3 games from now thru our tourney to land a 5 or 6 seed. If we lose 3 in a row, and that suddenly doesn't seem so far fetched, we might be bubble watching come selection Sunday depending upon how various BCS tourneys play out, ie multiple surprise winners. As someone pointed out above RPI is now 30, so just assume we play 4 more games prior to selection and we go 2-2, what's that do to our projected RPI? My guess is we nudge a lot closer to 40, and that's up in the air territory. Win, Billies, win!

That's about where I figured. A drop of 9-10 spots. The VCU loss alone wouldn't have been a killer, the loss to DU caused the bottom to fall out. But there were so many losses by those in the 10-25 range it's kind of a mess, but no team lost to anyone as bad as DU and at home. Not so much the ratings, we should really be concerned about seedlings. The committee tends to discount a good early record if a team's performance is waning at season' s end. They tend to give "getting hot" teams a boost, although they didn't do it last year with Oregon, the best 12th seed in the tourney. I'd guess right now, we have to win at least 3 games from now thru our tourney to land a 5 or 6 seed. If we lose 3 in a row, and that suddenly doesn't seem so far fetched, we might be bubble watching come selection Sunday depending upon how various BCS tourneys play out, ie multiple surprise winners. As someone pointed out above RPI is now 30, so just assume we play 4 more games prior to selection and we go 2-2, what's that do to our projected RPI? My guess is we nudge a lot closer to 40, and that's up in the air territory. Win, Billies, win!

ESPN has our rpi at 14, right between UMass at 13 and VCU at 15

You will still be ranked I hope and you should be. The Stu is a brutal place to play. Not getting blown out shows that your squad has their heads in the game. It could easily have been 20 plus, but you never let us romp you. Now, KenPom (which is the most respected of the committee's ratings) took you to 30. The Duke's game was an anomoly, but it you can't shoot 3's that will happen when a team gets hot from 3. That is the kink in your armor. The team I would least see us have to play is St Joes. That Galloway dude can take a game and has done it again and again. He owns us every time we play them. We sure will be happy not to have to face him again. No one has the answer to Galloway. He's now my pick for A10 player of the year. Does it all. Inside and out. True leader.

1st post from you've I've been able to respect. Thank you sir.

He's actually been a pretty decent non-SLU poster after his initial foray into smack-talk land.