Crean possibly heading to Ohio State

Sluzer

If Crean was offered and took the OSU job I think Marquette would look seriously at Brad using the same thought processes that went into SLU's selection of Ms Levick. Let's hope that home state isn't a strong pull for Brad at this time. I don't want to think about what would happen to our bb program IF Brad decided to return home.

I can imagine how SCU feels in loosing Ms. Levick to SLU.

Crean isn't the shining star at Marquette that he was and I believe he would accept the OSU job if offered.

Fr. Biondi and Ms Levick need to sweeten the proverbial pot otherwise her first task may be looking for a new HC, retaining recruits, et. al.

Where is Bobby Knight when you really need him?

This is worrisome. I have to think, contrary to others, that MU would be extremely interested in UB. Wisconsin ties, hell of a coach, squeaky clean, Jebbie indoctrination, etc.....MU, after their abandoning us and Charlotte, has shown they wouldn't hesitate to raid a fellow Jesuit institution if they think they can better themselves. Please Ms Levick get his John Hancock on a very lucrative long term agreement. This guy is the key to our hopes and dreams.

If you posted this on the Marquette board they'd probably laugh in your face. They think our program is MVC level, for the most part, so they certainly don't want our coach. And I imagine the MU administration wouldn't pursue someone the fans don't want. Remember, Mike Deane got fired from there from winning 20 games a year.

That's funny, I'd consider Marquette a lateral move. I'll be worried about a big ten school taking brad after our final four run in three or four years. Me thinks Marquette would need a boatload of cash to steal Brad and They wouldn't do that for a coach coming off an NIT run.

it is my understanding that marquette has a "boatload of cash" booster. i cannot remember the guys name right now though.

i am with billiken rich. marquette had their day in the sun and imo the program is a lateral program with saint louis university. they can bask in their two years ago success all they want, but come this time next year, they will have finished behind the billikens for the second year in a row in the standings and we will be hyped knowing that lisch and liddell are on the way.

I still wonder what the pull of moving home would be for Soderberg. Perhaps it is not strong, and while today I would see marquette as a lateral move, a year from now they are in a great conference. One that Brad will not have to fight for good teams to play on the schedule.

or you could say that they will be in a conference over their heads and fighting depaul to stay out of the basement on an annual basis as well while slu will be battling dayton and xavier for first place on an annual basis.

Soderberg hates Marquette. He was a state school guy in Wisconsin, and still loyal to the school that fired him...not sure why.

Andy Katz went to Wisconsin, and he also started the Crean to Illinois rumor. Not saying he isn't ethical, but something to keep in mind.

Word I have heard is that Tom Izzo is tired of renting one to two year players who leave early and may jump to NBA, and Crean to MSU. This would be more likely than Crean to Ohio State. The Big East is a good conference, certainly as good as the Big Ten. Marquette has no football, Crean makes $1.2 million after that final four run...which I think commands more respect than I have seen given here. I hold a final four in high regard. Crean makes big bucks, and with it comes big pressure to keep it going. Having a transistion year losing Wade(two years early) and Jackson, is understandable unacceptable, but Marquette needs to to bounce back in the next two seasons. The kids who have transferred out were low end bench guys. They need a couple of Dameon Mason level or Diener level recruits, to get back at it.

The verdict is out on if Crean can maintain or duplicate his success. I am not going to say he can, and I am not going to say he can't. Time will tell in a couple of years. But those fans will put some pressure on him if they aren't a solid tourney team.

But, I read in every paper, magazine, etc...known to man, how Dick Strong was nailed by Eliot Spitzer.(NY State attorney general) Crean's Bill Laurie(Dick Strong) ...Billion dollar Mutual fund company, caught doing timed trades...selling company, etc...stepping down....is in trouble.

I think the guy has a big enough ego to try to prove he can get back to sweet 16 level team, etc...and makes good money at Marquette...and will stay...which probably means he'll leave...lol....