Saturday Games that Matter to Us

JettFlight5

You will without a doubt move up with good wins vs VCU and GWU. SDS is starting to fade badly. Everyone has figured them out. We need to win out to get back into the top 25. Tall order, but it can be done. Even a 4-1 finish should get us a bye. The A10 tourney is going to be a dogfight. Really too bad we don't get return games from SJ and UMASS. Likely will get one of those games in the tourney.

Funny thing. The A10 is much stronger this year with the departure of Butler and X. I love it!!!

You are right about the A10 - I would not have taken that bet before the season started

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You really have to feel for butler fans right now. Their program got shafted when Stevens left, and I think they knew it would eventually happen when the $$$ came along.

You can only go to the well so many times before it is dry - they kept elevating asst coaches and eventually they would be forced to do so before one was ready. The BE may be wishing they made another decision although lets not speak to soon we have no idea what kind of a team we will have next year.

Why do I have to feel sorry for butler? Coaches leave all the time. Our coach left and then died and we responded by winning the a10 twice in a row. No, butler is finding out what its like to play in a good conference where you can and will lose if you dont play well and where you cannot hide and quietly rebuild while rolling up wins over chicago loyola and then automatically qualify for the tourney by being the best of a bad conference.

Why do I have to feel sorry for butler? Coaches leave all the time. Our coach left and then died and we responded by winning the a10 twice in a row. No, butler is finding out what its like to play in a good conference where you can and will lose if you dont play well and where you cannot hide and quietly rebuild while rolling up wins over chicago loyola and then automatically

qualify for the tourney by being the best of a bad conference.

That's my thought too. Rick Majerus passed away, and SLU has played great basketball.

Why do I have to feel sorry for butler? Coaches leave all the time. Our coach left and then died and we responded by winning the a10 twice in a row. No, butler is finding out what its like to play in a good conference where you can and will lose if you dont play well and where you cannot hide and quietly rebuild while rolling up wins over chicago loyola and then automatically qualify for the tourney by being the best of a bad conference.

He was talking about their fans...