John Manning

GOSLU68

It is not luck when the guards are getting the ball inside - the problem is he does not go up with the ball forcefully - he is too robotic when he gets the ball down low - it is almost like he has to think through all the steps he should follow without just doing it. He gets blocked more than not and since he has not been shooting his FTs lately very consistently then taking the chance to block the shot even if you foul him works out. I agree that he has picked up his defense but when you put him in if he has no scoring threat then tell the guards to stop passing him the ball inside. If his offense stays the way it is now for next year then we better have snipers because we are not going to score in the paint. With DE gone our usual strong inside game will suffer if JM can not score inside. I know we have RA, GG and TL but to ask the 2 freshmen to do what after 2 years what JM has not been able to do in 4 is a bit much. GG will have to pick up his offense also - he has no excuse either.

So more than 50% of JM's shots get blocked?

Manning has stepped up, is really helping us in the last several games. He is fulfilling an important role effectively.

So many of our solid returning players did not have much potential improvement and we need players like John and others to take it up a notch.

OR one of the returning players to make a big move.... Jett has taken control a few times, maybe he will be the one. I had hoped McCall would become our 16-20 ppg 3 point shooter.

But good for Manning, noticeable improvement and possibly he will continue to emerge and go to an even higher level.