VCU at GW

stlhoops

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Based on everything I've been told, this is not accurate. It is my understanding that we were not invited to the party, not an issue of the exit fee. But who really knows.

Just an MBM, but I gotta believe we'd have been crazy to turn down an invite because of an exit fee. And HAD we done that, I think word would have got out about it. There would have been an uproar. meltdown.

Based on everything I've been told, this is not accurate. It is my understanding that we were not invited to the party, not an issue of the exit fee. But who really knows.

This is exactly right. There was absolutely nothing for us to decline as we were left off the list. We would have gladly paid the exit fee and joined had we been invited. The truth of the matter is we jockeyed pretty hard, especially through the corporate end (pressure on Fox through regional corporate sponsors), but the decision was beyond Fox. The AD did absolutely everything possible to get this deal done through every contact it had. It was not for a lack of effort.

I saw GeeDub back early and commented that Creek was a nice addition. I did not know that Garino was out hurt and ended up missing the first seven or eight games with a finger issue. His return solidifies them even more, relegating Kopriva and Mikic to lesser roles. Garino was tough as the 6'7" tip of GeeDub's 1-3-1 zone late in yesterday's game. He was the star of the game with 25 points, seven rebounds and three steals. Plus, his physical height at the top of the key bothered VCU's shooting gnats. Kevin Larsen carried GeeDub in the first half and finished with 22.

The Smith Center was a sellout last night. That was GeeDub's first-ever win over VCU (if the announcers were right) and the kids rushed the floor (that was pitiful -- one at a time being let through the ropes by ushers). And I am truly glad they play us at Chaifetz this year.

Based on the way SLU looked against SBU's 1-3-1 tonight, I'm not looking forward to the game against GW! The Bills will have to clean up their halfcourt offense against the 1-3-1 by then. But SBU is long and physical; I don't know if GW would be any more (or less) imposing.

Based on the way SLU looked against SBU's 1-3-1 tonight, I'm not looking forward to the game against GW! The Bills will have to clean up their halfcourt offense against the 1-3-1 by then. But SBU is long and physical; I don't know if GW would be any more (or less) imposing.

We will have to crash the boards the way we did tonight...GW gets after it on the glass, and if we don't watch out Armwood will end up with 20 boards