Billiken Men's Basketball 2013-14 Intro Video

Billikenboy

I just found our Billikens 2013-2014 intro video on youtube for those who have not seen it. Seems shorter than last year's but certainly worth it in terms of the use of the modern video tools. The Boyz look like they are ready to take it all. Enjoy!

The song (as well as the words they are saying) is Deshi Basara from the Dark Knight Rises soundtrack...it's Moroccan for 'Rise Up'. Interesting that they went with a Battman theme

It fits because the Bills are going to murder teams this year.... too soon?

Hey Bizziken, there is no language called Moroccan, what they speak out there is Arabic. Salaam Aleikum to you to brother. Other than that, very nice clip Billikenboy and thank you for letting us know what the music was Bizziken, I really liked it.

A Moroccan phrase then...the article I read cited Moroccan (I downloaded the song for my iPod a while ago), so I had just assumed it was a dialect...and you know they say about ASS-u-ming

Hey Bizziken, there is no language called Moroccan, what they speak out there is Arabic. Salaam Aleikum to you to brother. Other than that, very nice clip Billikenboy and thank you for letting us know what the music was Bizziken, I really liked it.

Old guy I hate to get too technical here but the complexity of the Morrocan dialect of Arabic comes from years as a Spanish, Portuguese, and French Colony along with influence from older Berber langues.

A term being "Moroccan" is highly plausible as we Americans take other langues and mash them with English to form distinctly American phrases and words.

My sister is currently in Casablanca so that's how I pulled this out of my arse. But if anyone needs late night reading: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moroccan_Arabic