SLU Soccer Week 11 Rankings

kwyjibo

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Weird.....can't find the free video feed on the A10 site and the SLU twitter site only has a picture of the team warming up 32 minutes prior to the game start. Did it get delayed due to weather?

Game moved to a local turf field high school due to weather. Not being streamed. Starts at 11

Well I found the answer.....the field must be a mess because they have moved the game to a local high school now. Game set for 11am start I think. No video stream because the high school doesn't have the necessary equipment. So if anyone is at the game, I will second Skip's request for color on the game.

http://www.atlantic10.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=31600&ATCLID=209311214

Should be the last event given to Dayton for awhile.

Ok, that was just a cheap shot at Dayton.

I have no idea why they would allow Dayton to host knowing that Dayton's field is so bad and does not have adequate drainage systems. Seems like the A10 really dropped the ball.

Disappointing. Indiana beat Michigan St. in the Big Ten title game as well so that takes away an at large from someone. SLU's chances of getting an at large are probably not very good.

Yeah. SLU are out unless the committee complete disregards RPI and super-emphasizes win percentage. There are 10 automatic bids already earned for teams with a WORSE RPI than SLU (conference tournaments in general have been unkind to any team on the bubble). I would say VCU is in but not SLU. The big problem is that overall the A-10 is the 14th best soccer conference.

Major bummer on all accounts. Fact we were playing this game to make the NCAA is the most disappointing aspect seeing as we returned so many players from last year. Offensively we put up great numbers but we had way too many defensive let downs that resulted in a tie or loss. Can't really find a reason to blame McGinty on anything; players that could determine our season's success were on the field and just didn't get it done. Maybe we missed that presence Robson brought to the field from D-Mid.

Hoping the NCAA sees a solid overall record and takes into account our tradition to some degree.

Official: No bid for SLU. VCU got a home game in first round and George Mason got an away game.

I don't think SLU can complain. I thought they were going to be close but that it could end up either way.

This was a very disappointing season. It's the 1st year in McGinty's tenure that I didn't see growth as a whole. I believe Graydon was misused early as we should have had better answers for defensive mid and Graydon never should have been considered at all. It's not like we didn't know Robs was graduating. I didn't see much later in the season but what I did see early and midseason showed a regression in the ability to play the ball through the midfield. We were slow and methodical far too often despite having players that had proven to have the ability to play forward quicker and with more pace.

Not having Robbie and Anthony our two Hermann Trophy finalists didn't help but even without them I felt we regressed. I'd like to hear Mike M's final thoughts on the season.