Joshua's Great Things Foundation

Deutschkind

Suggestion box idea for SLU; hold a Joshua Invitational tournament during the OOC period. Bring in 4 teams for a two day event. Proceeds to Cancer for Kids. A win win for everyone involved. I'd think it would be hard for teams to decline an invite to an event where young cancer victims are the beneficiaries.

Suggestion box idea for SLU; hold a Joshua Invitational tournament during the OOC period. Bring in 4 teams for a two day event. Proceeds to Cancer for Kids. A win win for everyone involved. I'd think it would be hard for teams to decline an invite to an event where young cancer victims are the beneficiaries.

That would be the time to call Mizzou.

He began this journey as a baby (2 months old), when he was diagnosed with a low-grade tumor (a Desmoplastic Infantile Ganglioglioma). He had several major surgeries to remove the tumor. In the spring of 2004 the tumor returned in diffuse locations. He received chemotherapy from 2004-2005, which stopped the tumor growth. Over the years, he had numerous surgeries, including several brain surgeries, eye surgery, feeding tube insertion and removal, and shunt surgeries. After remaining stable for over 6 years, the tumor transformed into a high-grade GBM tumor in early 2012 and spread to his abdominal area. After completing 3 weeks of radiation in May 2012, he began chemotherapy treatment using Cytoxan, Carboplatin, and Etoposide. From May 2012 to April 2013 he tried three different chemo regimens. The abdominal tumors went away, but the brain tumors started to grow further in December 2012. By May 2013, it was obvious none of the treatments were working and there were no good medical options. We had to make the tough decision to take Joshua into hospice care. He stayed at home and was seen by pediatric hospice nurses almost daily. He went into a coma on May 6th due to the complications of the brain tumor in the brain stem and he passed away on June 2, 2013. He was comfortable and peaceful during those 4 weeks, allowing us to have special times to hold him.

9 years of non-stop fighting against a TERRIBLE cancer, and then you pass away, a CHILD. Everyone else is a wimp. This kid was courageous as all get out, he just kept rocking and rolling. God bless him and and his family. Crying like a bastard.

That would be the time to call Mizzou.

The second best team in the state and scandal-plagued program like that does not deserve to play in an event like that. More scandal at SPUMAC today with Haith going down for five games. Could have been much worse if NCAA doesn't bungle the investigation.

When you are a kid like Josh what you are going through is what life IS. Give credits to the parents who guaranteed to the absolute best of their abilities that his short life was as nice and as happy as could be made. They did this while holding jobs and while crying in silence as their kid died. I am crying too Jimbo.

The second best team in the state and scandal-plagued program like that does not deserve to play in an event like that. More scandal at SPUMAC today with Haith going down for five games. Could have been much worse if NCAA doesn't bungle the investigation.

Damn ACE, I think you nailed it.

I'm not sure if anyone saw Real Sports on HBO last night but they showed Josh on there. They had a story on how the foundation was started and all the teams that are a part of it. At the end, they showed some pictures of kids that had passed and showed Josh in his Billiken gear. I highly recommend watching the piece if you have HBO. It was very good.

I'm not sure if anyone saw Real Sports on HBO last night but they showed Josh on there. They had a story on how the foundation was started and all the teams that are a part of it. At the end, they showed some pictures of kids that had passed and showed Josh in his Billiken gear. I highly recommend watching the piece if you have HBO. It was very good.

Thanks for the heads up. I have to catch that. I got a bit choked up when they showed him during the NCAA Tourney.