SLU baseball gets local recruit

bills16

I think there needs to be a serious alumni push to do everything we can to keep Hendrickson at SLU. Whether it is trying to make it to weekend games and buying a hot dog and a Coke or pledging $100 a year to the school and asking it be funneled towards the baseball program, we have a huge talent pool of high school baseball players in the state and the region and keeping DH a Billiken is a top priority. We're a program on the rise that could sink just as fast if Hendrickson departs for greener (pun intended) pastures.

I think there needs to be a serious alumni push to do everything we can to keep Hendrickson at SLU. Whether it is trying to make it to weekend games and buying a hot dog and a Coke or pledging $100 a year to the school and asking it be funneled towards the baseball program, we have a huge talent pool of high school baseball players in the state and the region and keeping DH a Billiken is a top priority. We're a program on the rise that could sink just as fast if Hendrickson departs for greener (pun intended) pastures.

In the past Biondi was not high on having a baseball team. I think people in the past have offered sizable donations but wanted them to go the baseball program and it never happened. Maybe with the presidential change it will be different in the future. I sure hope so. Darin is a stud and would love to see the baseball program continue to grow.

We need to let May know we care. You guys are right, good things are happening and they are really close to making even bigger strides. I played in thr golf tourney last Friday and it was great. A lot of buzz around the program and even talked to some players. I plan to let May know how excited i am in the direction and hope they put even more suppport into it this week via email, feel free to do the same.

I too golfed in the tourney and had a blast. What a turnout. I talked to Hendrickson after at the dinner portion and he have great credit to his assistants for helping build the program up in recruiting and development. He sounded like a proud CEO of a growing empire. Said things were a bit more upbeat but he remains cautious about too much optimism. Sounded like he wants to be all in as he really loves Saint Louis. Said his assistants do a great job of selling school and education...... Really likes this years team and said recruiting is off the charts I am also the parent of a pirates player we have been touring division one campuses all fall and came to slu a few weeks ago Hendrickson was one of only two head coaches to address our kids at the end of their workout. Mizzou had a volunteer address our kids. No wonder they are successful Guy really gets recruiting! Did say biggest challenge in his time continues to be facility. Overall great day.

We need to let May know we care. You guys are right, good things are happening and they are really close to making even bigger strides. I played in thr golf tourney last Friday and it was great. A lot of buzz around the program and even talked to some players. I plan to let May know how excited i am in the direction and hope they put even more suppport into it this week via email, feel free to do the same.

+1

-ok baseball folks this is meant as a serious question, not that i have it but if money was available to build better facilities for the team where would you do this and what would those facilites need to be? i have no idea what a top flight college baseball facility entails

-ok baseball folks this is meant as a serious question, not that i have it but if money was available to build better facilities for the team where would you do this and what would those facilites need to be? i have no idea what a top flight college baseball facility entails

I think you gotta at least put it within walking of chaifetz just cuz of the workout facilities, training room, locker rooms etc. from a logistics standpoint. not sure how hypothetical you wanna get here.

I agree.

I don't know what it will take but we need DH to stop flirting with a new job every year. I'll make it to a couple games. Do they sell beer? I could definitely make an impact in that regard.

I think DirtyRican is best suited to address that.

I dont think an entire new facility needs to be built instead enchance the current one. IMO when they built the Fetz they could have tried to parlay that into a new small stadium structure with some indoor cages underneath or between the field and soccer stadium. It doesn't have to massive. A batter-eye for center would be nice as well. We aren't talking millions of dollars.

I don't know what it will take but we need DH to stop flirting with a new job every year. I'll make it to a couple games. Do they sell beer? I could definitely make an impact in that regard.

BYOB! Bring a grill and hang out on the hill. We used to do that often on Saturdays. Nobody ever said anything to us.