Does anyone know if Greg Lackey is still coaching?

Last I herad he was an assistant at the University of Denver(Sun Belt Conference).Didn`t he coach at Country Day for a few years?

He is listed on the U. of Denver web site as an Asst. Coach. I remember being impressed by him while watching practices. He had great communication skills and really seemed to know the game well. I never could figure out why he hasn't been named as a HC somewhere.

charles love told me once that the main reason justin came to saint louis university was greg lackey.

I always heard that he was an a**. I have no personal knowledge of this but heard it from several persons who were around the basketball program then. He obviously was not held in high regard because when Spoon left he recommended Lackey for the job and he hardly got a sniff.

It's possible you never met the real Greg Lackey. I feel that Spoon keep a pretty tight lid on his assistant coaches at public gatherings. It was as if Spoon didn't want any Billiken bball info leaked out. If you eliminate any of your recruiting info from getting leaked out, the fans never know who you missed on!

I ran into GL at a private party while he was still a SLU assistant and he was a pleasant guy. I also ran into GL at a local high school holiday tournament when he was coaching at MICDS. Again, he was a very open and a pleasant guy willing to talk high school or college basketball with a Billiken fan.

Greg took the bullet for Haskins at UTEP, and thus ended up scrambling for a job. Spoon hired him and we were better off as a result. Greg was always willing to speak at the tip off club meetings, and was always very candid. I remember that at a pre-season meeting he was asked how the offense would run now that Larry would be playing. He said that they would give the ball to Larry and watch him score. Greg was also responsible for bringing H Waldman to us. He is a nice man and a good coach.