it just keeps getting more interesting.

i know this isnt the tigerboard, but the story keeps getting bettter. i havent went out and bought it yet, but apparently in the newest issue of sports illustrated, there is a great story circling around the circumstances of Jay Cyriac. jay was the lead recruiter and assistant coach at the juco that ricky clemons went to. after he left there, he couldnt get a job because of all the smoke circling his being. he had gotten to the point of selling furniture and was being visited frequently by the ncaa investigators. billy king steps up and gives him a scout job with the 76ers. btw, billy king is $nyder's old teamate at duke. apparently Jay Cyriac has steadfastly remained quiet during all investigations thus far. the tiger program is a house of cards. one big blow by the likes of many probably knock this thing to pieces.

Thicks, you might be an english teacher but this is a message board...We are NOT turning our posts in to a professor for a grade or to a boss for evaluation...Lighten up on the spelling and grammar mistakes.

I haven't said anything about this before but I think you have corrected my spelling 2 or 3 times...I seriously doubt anyone is on here trying to impress people with their writing or spelling skills!

ok, here are potential house of cards blowers and why:

1. this Jay Cyriac guy. knows the dirty little juco transfer secrets

2. odom.

3. harvey

4. any recent tiger player

5. snyder

6. any 3rd party that can confirm jessica and ricky's stories. i.e. restaurant they ate at every day. clothing salesman. car salesman.

7. aau coaches that were getting freebies

8. high school coaches collecting the wares

the point is, the longer this goes on, the more it seems to creak and groan and sound as though it is all about to burst. so far enough people apparently are being sufficiently taken care of that all is well, but anything goes bad, the "organization" could all fall apart.

quick note, everyone keeps saying that no way tony harvey gave clemons money as he wasnt even tony's recruit and tony disliked him personally. well if you buy into the thought that all of these transgressions were separate acts and there was no organized effort on the staff's part to run this deceitful little show, then i agree. but what if the whole thing is a dirty little organization from top to bottom? what if tony's part of the organization was to be the money guy. i.e. ANY and ALL payouts came out of tony's wallet. then is it so unbelieveable regardless of his feelings? maybe that was part of tony's salary. i.e. pretty q to tony, "tony, i am going to pay you about $75k more than what you really get per year. however it is your job to "take care" of the money. if they need something. take care of it. if after a year it isnt enough to cover it, we can talk later."

man i wish i had the movie rights.

I'm not trying to nitpick here. My point is clarity, not pointing out a minor mistake. Roy wrote, "one big blow by the likes of many probably knock this thing to pieces." Does that make sense to you? It doesn't to me, so I'm asking Roy to try again so I can understand his point. My guess is Roy meant to say, "One big blow by the likes of Cyriac may probably knock this thing to pieces," but there's enough uncertainty in my mind to make me ask for clarification.

I'm not picking on English mistakes. I haven't been doing that very much lately, and I think you guys aren't being fair. Roy, I understood what you were getting at in your post, but your last sentence confused me. All I wanted you to do was tell me again what you meant to say: "one big blow by the likes of many probably knock this thing to pieces."

This is a soap opera, "All My Tigers" or "As Tiger Nation Spins." Clemons and Bunge are pretty much done as witnesses. Everyone thinks RC is a bitter outcast who is a psycopathic liar; Bunge a wronged woman, rightly so, who is out for revenge against a program that gave her abuser a one game suspension. Harvey's a died in the wool street agent with a wad in his pocket the size of a week's worth of Wal-Mart receipts. He could talk if his severance package comes up short. It won't, but most of it will be paid by a "friendly booster" and not from state funds. This JUCO asst probably doesn't know much, other than how RC managed 24 credit hours in six weeks. Still find it amazing everyone seems to be buying that tale. You think anyone in Mizzery's admission office would be interested in a bridge in Brooklyn or some prime swampland in Florida? Players: Not likely. We know two of them don't need money; they have trust funds. Bottom line, palms have been sufficiently greased to keep everyone quiet.

i think a "c" in english is generous. and if you add spelling as a subject, i doubt that is going to come in high either.

over the last two weeks, i have heard from numerous disinterested 3rd parties that have told me that it is not the responsibility of the accepting school to analyze the validity of an incoming transcript. i.e. not mi$$ouri in no way can be held accountable for the actual transcripts. i dont think that makes a lot of sense, but i can also see the mountain of additional paperwork it would create to force the accepting school to now be responsible for that issue. so i can reluctantly accept it now.

that said, i wonder would arranged ricky to pull that off? obviously someone coordinated what he did. one cant honestly believe that ricky figured out how to get the credits from three separate unrelated institutions. someone had to serve as his counselor on that. and since they came from separate schools, it wouldnt make sense that counseling came from any of the individual schools (why would barton tell ricky to take 2 classes here and 2 classes there and 3 classes here, etc.?). so if there is an issue of academic fraud on mi$$ouri's part, there is where it would be. my guess his friendly guideance and career counselor was odom. but i also doubt it could be proven.

didnt i do that with the next post? i have no problem with thicks grammar and spelling help. i need all the help i can get.

i take that as a compliment from mu, however, i would like to point out that i only sling arrows at the basketball team. coach pinkel deserves all the respect in the world as he builds his program the right way. if $nyder wasnt such a criminal, i wouldnt even be in the prof business.

Roy, somewere in there, add a "will." It does seem like a single thread being pulled will cause the whole cloth to unravel, which is SSOOO disappointing for a young, promising talent. The worst part is Q's forte, his raison d'etre at Duke, was recruiting. The he comes to Mizzou, and it seems like everything he does wrong is something he didn't previously know.

We ought to start a raffle, and let everyone pick how many days are left in Q's Mizzou tenure. I'll throw out 250 days.

I can't wait for Mizzou to have an honest bball coach, an outstanding basketball team, and a program in which the state can take pride again. I'm amazed many MOO fans cannot come out and say the past season was a trainwreck on AND off the court.

September isn't very far off...

it is my belief he will be fired the day the final ax comes down from the ncaa in the fall.

I suspect that if SLU had a football program you would hate Pinkel with everything you've got as well. Quin has given his enemies the sword with which to destroy him, and I think his career as a D-I head basketball coach, at least at MU, is ruined. He will stay around this year because there is no other choice at this point, but I think he has been wounded beyond repair.

The amazing thing is that his only experience before he came to Mizzou was at Duke, which still enjoys a squeaky clean image. I see none of the local or national pundits drawing the logical conclusion that Quin must have learned his tactics at the foot of his mentor, the unassailble Coach K. Quin was not sharp enough to realize that he would not get the same amount of slack at MU as that to which he'd grown accustomed at Duke. He is paying the price for that right now.

duke may be squeaky clean to the casual fan, but the hardcores know about the high paying menial jobs to the likes of duhon's mom and boozer's dad, the fact that snyder used to use the "we did it at duke all the time", etc. i.e. one would have to be naive to believe that snyder just picked up his habits out of thin air. my duke star has tarnish on it.

All you have to do is look at Bob Huggins. He's been hit twice with NCAA probation and still continues to thrive. He continues to receive praise from the pundits and attract national recruits.

Quin only needs to lay low for the next couple of years and stay clean. If that happens, he can continue to win and tarnish the reputation of Mizzou in the long run...

their incoming class might be scrambing to get out of LOI's ala Hollins. I see him at least staying until they enroll. He will stay until the final final report. I can see Mizzery pulling a St.Johns on Q. Also, it will be interesting to see who they hire as assistants. They bring in some high powered guy or previous HC, say like Nolan Richardson or Harrick....hey, why break with tradition....the writing is on the wall for Q. He does seem to have lost some of his boyish charm these last few months, doesnt' he? No matter he'll be rewarded with a job at ESPN and end up making more cash.

aj said, "All you have to do is look at Bob Huggins. He's been hit twice with NCAA probation and still continues to thrive."

there is a difference between winning and image repair. huggins may win, but his program is still thought of as an outlaw program with characters and bad academics when in actuality, cincy is nowhere near that level anymore. it is my belief that snyder has sealed that fate forever as well. he will be considered less than reputable forever now. but that doesnt mean they cant win or get bigname recruits.