9th Annual Great Baby Race

RUBillsFan

The most thrilling spectacle in all of St. Louis sports has been scheduled. The annual baby race will be halftime on Saturday, March 9th at Chaifetz Arena during the SLU vs. La Salle Men's Basketball game.

See info here:

https://www.royalbanksofmo.com/About/community-involvement/special-events.aspx

And here:

http://www.slubillikens.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=27200&ATCLID=205993963

Does your spawn have what it takes to face off head to head with other toddlers in a no holds barred quest for SLU Billiken's baby race immortality? If you think so, then register now.

The most thrilling spectacle in all of St. Louis sports has been scheduled. The annual baby race will be halftime on Saturday, March 9th at Chaifetz Arena during the SLU vs. La Salle Men's Basketball game.

See info here:

https://www.royalbanksofmo.com/About/community-involvement/special-events.aspx

And here:

http://www.slubillikens.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=27200&ATCLID=205993963

Does your spawn have what it takes to face off head to head with other toddlers in a no holds barred quest for SLU Billiken's baby race immortality? If you think so, then register now.

my new grandson (5 months old) probably wont be up to the competition by then. isnt crawling yet. and sadly by March 2014 will probably be deemed to old to compete. my son, crymdg, should have planned this better.

Coulsd be perfect timing Roy.

There was a scene in Varsity Blues and the dad said "I held my boy back a year so he would be bigger for pee wee football."

Your grandson would have a nice little advantage by 2014.

well assuming they let him in. he is my grandson. will probably be walking and eating steak with a knife and fork by then.

Is there an age limit (not considering entering myself but the nephew).

I don't think there is an age limit. Just have to use crawling as their primary mode of transportation - at least that is what I remember from our daughter doing it a few years back.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="billiken_roy" data-cid="336653" data-time="1358535433">

my new grandson (5 months old) probably wont be up to the competition by then. isnt crawling yet. and sadly by March 2014 will probably be deemed to old to compete. my son, crymdg, should have planned this better.</blockquote>

Roy, I'm taking a sh!t right now to cap off my Friday workday, so you'll have to excuse me for spitballing...

I know you're not much for cheating, but I assume the child won't be crawling by the time the race comes around. No matter. Use a fuokton of scotch tape and really wrap up the little tyke's wrists good. Individually of course, so he's still got dome decent ROM. Then tie those clear wristbands to two 75' lengths of 20# test fishing line. Set the little turd down and walk back to your beckoning position past the finish line, unspooling your line as you go. Even Chaifetz himself won't be able to see what you're up to. As soon as the race begins start windmilling your forearm frantically, like you're fuoking sending Sid Bream home. No one will even know that you're hauling the kid in like a gotdamn world record largemouth bass. Yeah, he might be skidding and dragging across the floor more than he's actually "crawling" and he might have some pretty solid "hustle burns" all over his body. But you'll set the baby race record and the Fetz will just go apeshit. It'll be way too loud in there to hear his skin coming off all over the hardwood. Trust me, dude. I'm thinking you oughta be able to get him across the line in about five seconds if you really crank on him.

Hokay, sh!t's over... good luck!

Jimbo that is great work!!!

I think we should try and make the race all board posters.

That way we can place some bets.

The poster who has the winning baby gets free drinks during an away game while we watch at FH.

The poster with the baby in last place buys around of apps durinf an away game at FH.

The Wiz can set odds for bets.

Steroids and 5 year olds acting as todlers, legal and encouraged.

if you ain't cheatin you ain't tryin.

Do they have any uh, tests prior or post race? No. Well I think my baby may have an advantage.

Elancebaby_zpse3af3b15.jpg

*This image is not edited I just have a strange stain on my couch.