Has "the voice of the Billikens" announced Lisch yet?

I only heard the sportscast a couple of times this morning, and I don't know what was said last night. (B-roy was kind enough to ensure that Bernie knows about it.)

Does anyone know if the "Sports Voice of St. Louis" and the "voice of the Billikens" has announced our major coup?

cheese, bonwich's question isnt about ramsey, it is about kmox (voice of the billikens).

it will be interesting to hear what ramsey and claiborne have to say. i am expecting claiborne to take a similar illini/mizzou fan statement that diminishes lisch's signing. and of course ramsey will likely not stand up for us or remind listeners that different planets exist.

Roy I think your a little harsh on Claiborne. For whatever reason he has crawled on the band wagon. It might have something to do with Floyd and Polk but he's said some pretty nice things about Brad and our program. He attended the banquet and was cordial to the crowd. My guess is he'll play this up.

i quit on ramsey long ago so i rarely listen to their show anymore. if claiborne is coming around to fairness maybe i need to give them another chance. if nothing else it will be interesting to hear their spin.

Thanks, Kshoe. We see that you put in a full day.

I only heard the 8:15 segment, with no mention. Given the baseball day game, I hope one of the hosts will introduce Lisch as a potential discussion topic on tonight's SOL show.

Ramsey and Claiborne had a nice interview today with Brad at the SLU golf tournament at Norwood Hills C.C. They were both very complimentary and seemed excited for the future of the program.

Ramsey was talking about Kevin Lisch during much of his afternoon program today on KFNS. Frank Cusumano interviewed Rusty Lisch this morning on KFNS - the whole Lisch family seemed very happy with his commitment to SLU.

Roy, the good Illinois fans(and I would peg this at 65% of all their fans) know Kevin is a great player and an outstanding get for SLU. You also have the feeble-minded students who have no basketball knowledge other than their blind allegiance to alma mater, who slag everyone else in reach.

Illinois is a superior institution of higher learning with amazing academic resources, but none of my Illini buds put down SLU. All except one of them actually are SLU fans when we run up against common foes, just because over the years anti-MOO has slowly mutated into a simultaneous pro-SLU stance, go figure.

Right now, Illinois seems to be going toward a run'n'gun style reminiscent of the Flyin' Illini years, in part due to the dearth of an atheletic monolithic center. It is fun to watch, except when they run up against a disciplined defensive team with a well rounded attack(re Wisky.)

I hope SLU will have a chance to emulate Illinois over the next four years, building our program with 80% local and regional talent. It would be great if we could develop a Peoria pipeline, something we barely missed years ago when we were in the final three for Alvin O'Neal.