Baseball Team on a Roll

05, how many courts are in there? are they all being used every hour? i am not advocating pushing out an intramural league or if you say they all get used every waking moment cutting one or two of the courts out. just a suggestion if the courts arent all always being used. creative planning could possibly solve the problem.

It just wouldn't go over well. There are 6 courts but you can't have an area that is designed for non-athletes and turn it into a place for athletes even if it is retractable. It would be a recipe for tension and ######.

My idea would be to hang it from the practice gym. Then get some sort of floor covering like sport court to protect the basketball floor.

Frankly though I would like to see:

A clubhouse/locker room built onto the home dugout and like a cheap metal structure built behind the soccer bleachers for bad weather hitting

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It just wouldn't go over well. There are 6 courts but you can't have an area that is designed for non-athletes and turn it into a place for athletes even if it is retractable. It would be a recipe for tension and ######. My idea would be to hang it from the practice gym. Then get some sort of floor covering like sport court to protect the basketball floor. Frankly though I would like to see: A clubhouse/locker room built onto the home dugout and like a cheap metal structure built behind the soccer bleachers for bad weather hitting

guarantee practice gym wont work. when the softball and baseball teams need it the most is january - march. no way any of us want to interfere with our basketball teams.

i agree a "shed" attached to the dugout would be awesome. the grizzlies have a batting cage shed. they even give private lessons in the winter to area players there, it is wonderful. that said, i would bet with plumbing, heating, electricity cages and machines etc probably minimum of $60k to build a separate building and more likely approaching $100k. we also know that father biondi isnt going to put up something that wouldnt blend in with the campus. i.e. no pure shed. it would have to be something fairly appealing from the outside. then, for it to be even worth the trouble need at least 3 cages imo. you would have to have some extra space for gear, storage, etc. restrooms.

guarantee practice gym wont work. when the softball and baseball teams need it the most is january - march. no way any of us want to interfere with our basketball teams.

i agree a "shed" attached to the dugout would be awesome. the grizzlies have a batting cage shed. they even give private lessons in the winter to area players there, it is wonderful. that said, i would bet with plumbing, heating, electricity cages and machines etc probably minimum of $60k to build a separate building and more likely approaching $100k. we also know that father biondi isnt going to put up something that wouldnt blend in with the campus. i.e. no pure shed. it would have to be something fairly appealing from the outside. then, for it to be even worth the trouble need at least 3 cages imo. you would have to have some extra space for gear, storage, etc. restrooms.

Is there space for that size building without making it look crowded or clunky over there?

why couldnt the needed cages be hung from the ceiling over one or two of the courts at the rec center? i seriously doubt that every single court is always being used. a motorized winch could bring the cages up or down in a matter of 5 minutes. i havent been in the rec center for probably 10 years, but my memory says there are 6 courts in there?

I would absolutely expect that Coach Hendrickson has explored this possibility and it was rejected.

He leaves no stones unturned.

He probably is trying to get funds for a decent location for this but SLU AD will not pay so he is relegated to trying to get donations. A lot of what has been achieved has been throught donations and fundraisers, not SLU AD.

Wasn't the brother of former Billiken Brad Daubach (former Boston Red Sox slugger Brian Daubach) instrumental in getting some extra hitting nets installed at the Billiken Sports Complex?