Majerus Salary Compared

SLU7881

USA Today ran an article on the 68 coaches in the NCAA tournament and their salaries. Rickma was around 42 or so at about $775K. He was the highest paid among A 10 coaches in the field. Shaka Smart is getting $1.1M from VCU. Huggy Bear getting over $2M. Calipari the highest at $5.3M.

Free room and board? The board portion can't be cheap.

yeah, how much does a surf board cost these days?

-could boosters pay a coach directly or would the ncaa have a frown on that?

-for tax purposes wouldn't it make sense for the booster to donate to the school with the stipulation of a dedicated purpose, the coach's salary, and get a deduction?

Surrprised Randy Bennett has been so loyal to St. Mary's. If this is accurate he is only making $396,317 per year. For everything he has done at that program that is really surprising.

I also thought Majerus was making a million a year or close to it.

After looking further I think this might be a little off for at least some of the private schools. I can't see Brey at Notre Dame only making $573,974 per year.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/college/mensbasketball/story/2012-03-28/ncaa-coaches-salary-database/53827374/1

You'll notice at the private schools the other sources of income box is 0 or N/A. rest assured Majerus makes him 1 million or more, not all of it is paid from the school. This goes for about every private school in the country, A coach like Brey may make twice as much money as he gets in salary directly from Notre Dame. I would expect Bennett to be making much closer to 1 million.