Memphis Fans really do think this game will be a cake walk for them...

This game has scared me since I saw it flash across the tube Sunday afternoon. Allot of time teams can come out cold in the first NCAA Tourney games, and this would fall right into St. Louis's hands since you guys like to keep the pace of the game to a crawl. We (memphis) need to hit some shots early and see the ball go in the basket.

I am not totally sure that you could make the assumption that the game will be a cakewalk based on that thread. Most expect it to be a tough grind it out game. I would be surprised if either team wins by double digits.

It's a shame really that we are even playing in a 8/9 game. I think both teams are better than their seeds. It always annoys me that so many early matchups in the tourney involve teams from the non-Big 6 conferences playing each other.

After watching the video of the second half Xavier Memphis game that someone posted I've come to the conclusion that how this game is officiated is going to make a huge difference in the outcome. Admittedly it was a limited sample but seems like Memphis' ball pressure defense involves several potential fouls per posession. Again it could be that they were trying to force the issue due to being behind.

If this game is called close, like our games in Anaheim were we'll do a heck of a lot bertter than if anything goes........

After watching the video of the second half Xavier Memphis game that someone posted I've come to the conclusion that how this game is officiated is going to make a huge difference in the outcome. Admittedly it was a limited sample but seems like Memphis' ball pressure defense involves several potential fouls per posession. Again it could be that they were trying to force the issue due to being behind.

If this game is called close, like our games in Anaheim were we'll do a heck of a lot bertter than if anything goes........

Memphis has been playing inspired basketball since the UTEP loss at home...if you want to see how Memphis will play you...watch one of the last 7.

I am not totally sure that you could make the assumption that the game will be a cakewalk based on that thread. Most expect it to be a tough grind it out game. I would be surprised if either team wins by double digits.

It's a shame really that we are even playing in a 8/9 game. I think both teams are better than their seeds. It always annoys me that so many early matchups in the tourney involve teams from the non-Big 6 conferences playing each other.

This should have been a great second round game between 4 and 5 seeds, but the committe screwed the pooch.

You could say that about most games. I expect a physical game from Memphis and don't count on much help from the officials. I'm counting on Majerus getting our team ready to handle the pressure. We have good guards who can handle the ball.

You could say that about most games. I expect a physical game from Memphis and don't count on much help from the officials. I'm counting on Majerus getting our team ready to handle the pressure. We have good guards who can handle the ball.

My key with the officiating is if we get a crew that will let us run our offense. As much as people complain about the refs in our games we get away with as many illegal screens as anyone in the country.

This should have been a great second round game between 4 and 5 seeds, but the committe screwed the pooch.

What else is new? I'm shocked jimbos video hasnt been thrown in again. : /

my favorite quotes from memphis fans are the ones that say, memphis beat X, X just beat SLU. therefor memphis>slu.

Ah yes, and lets make some other conclusions by way of the Transitive property...

Slu beat Xavier

Xavier beat UCincy

UCincy beat Syracuse

Loyola Marymount beat SLU

Therefore: LOYOLA MARYMOUNT>SYRACUSE!!

Ah yes, and lets make some other conclusions by way of the Transitive property...

Slu beat Xavier

Xavier beat UCincy

UCincy beat Syracuse

Loyola Marymount beat SLU

Therefore: LOYOLA MARYMOUNT>SYRACUSE!!

its a great measuring system eh?

This is going to be a sweet sweet victory.

Memphis is too athletic, they'll run by us, they'll wear us out, T. Black will pound Conk, blah blah blah blah.

They will be very surprised by our hidden athleticism from the likes of MM JJ KM and DE

Those guys are on SLU's team, they must be slow, unathletic white guys.

When a team is more than 25% whitey, they are obviously slow and unathletic as a whole. Damn. Should we play at all today? Has anyone run this by John Cock too see if he's okay with the team participating in the tournament?

I just made a bet with my brother who played for Moe Iba at the Memphis State University from 68-70 when they went 12-39. The next year Moe was replaced by Gene Bartow. He was disappointed after winning the JC National Championship at Moberly JC under Cotton Fitzsimmons. Cotton wanted him to come to Kansas State, but he liked Memphis better, big mistake hoops wise. But he graduated & got a Masters degree, so that turned out better than glory on the court for him.