Mike McCall Jr and Defense

One thing that has very much impressed me the last 2 games has been the play of McCall.

Quick look at his X and Duq stats:

X / Duq

Time 40 minutes/ 33 minutes (lead in time played both games)

Rebs 7/ 5

Steals 2 / 3

Assists 4 / 5

Points 10 / 9

Shut-down TJ McConnell and TuTu.

He is ending this season as being one of the best defensive guards in the A10. A real workhorse with afterburners as legs.

We will be set at the point guard position the next 2 years, probably thee most important positions.

Agreed. I was thinking about this yesterday and its amzaing how much better his defense is than when he stepped on campus. He's made himself into a player that has to be on the court at almost all times and if I need an open three to be made the only other person I'd potentially want to take it more is Ellis (depending on the day as he's streaky).

Congrats to Mike on really becoming a good all around player.

Agreed. I was thinking about this yesterday and its amzaing how much better his defense is than when he stepped on campus. He's made himself into a player that has to be on the court at almost all times and if I need an open three to be made the only other person I'd potentially want to take it more is Ellis (depending on the day as he's streaky).

Congrats to Mike on really becoming a good all around player.

For a clutch 3-pointer, I would go in this order: Ellis, Mitchell, McCall, Loe

Honestly though, I wouldn't cringe if any of them took it.

For a clutch 3-pointer, I would go in this order: Ellis, Mitchell, McCall, Loe

Honestly though, I wouldn't cringe if any of them took it.

Ellis missing clutch open 3s against Rhode Island cost us a share of the A10 title.

Kwamain, Kwamain, Ellis, McCall, in that order.

I'd add Rob Loe to the list...he improved greatly this year.

No doubt Loe is a weapon, but his overall game is not polished to the point where Rick is comfortable with him on the floor in crunch time, short of a down 3 with less than 10 seconds to play scenario...

One thing that has very much impressed me the last 2 games has been the play of McCall.

Quick look at his X and Duq stats:

X / Duq

Time 40 minutes/ 33 minutes (lead in time played both games)

Rebs 7/ 5

Steals 2 / 3

Assists 4 / 5

Points 10 / 9

Shut-down TJ McConnell and TuTu.

He is ending this season as being one of the best defensive guards in the A10. A real workhorse with afterburners as legs.

We will be set at the point guard position the next 2 years, probably thee most important positions.

We will be set at point for the next four years with Carter coming in.

McCall's has gone from a terrible defender to a mediocre defender at the start of this year to a good defender to a great defender at this point. He is one of the main reason's this team has improved from the start of conf play. Just great at denying the pass to his man. His overall ballhandling has improved also.

I am excited about the rest of this year, but I am fully expecting the JJ/MM/KM combination in the backcourt to be one of the best in the country next year.

McCall's has gone from a terrible defender to a mediocre defender at the start of this year to a good defender to a great defender at this point. He is one of the main reason's this team has improved from the start of conf play. Just great at denying the pass to his man. His overall ballhandling has improved also.

I am excited about the rest of this year, but I am fully expecting the JJ/MM/KM combination in the backcourt to be one of the best in the country next year.

rammer and earl call them the three amigos when they're on the floor together, and i think that's just fuoking wonderful. if we have even an inkling of an inside presence next year, those three, combined w/ keith carter coming in, are going to WRECK GOTDAMN FUOKING SHOP.

Posted Image

rammer and earl call them the three amigos when they're on the floor together, and i think that's just fuoking wonderful. if we have even an inkling of an inside presence next year, those three, combined w/ keith carter coming in, are going to WRECK GOTDAMN FUOKING SHOP.

Posted Image

What is this? Not even photoshopped Jimbo? You hungover or something?