Video Links for Xavier

Go_Bills

http://apps.ohlulz.c..._m-baskbl@31636

^The above link has been used for all the home games, so far this semester. However, the Interwebs peoples that control the streaming of Billiken basketball have not listed this as an working linked for tomorrow's game. It may be added to the working list later today.

Instead, they are preparing to used a "Steam Torrent", this means that the game will run under P2P (Peer to Peer) setup rather than a website. Meaning that the game won't need server/website (example firstrowsports.eu) to watch the stream (making it harder to shut down the stream).

For the less nerdy people, P2P software mean that one person hosts the game and others people connect to them. However once people connect to them(host) they(you) start hosting the game for others too. Via your upload speed (more people uploading via this software makes the link have less buffer if a bunch of people are watching). Pretty much it's a sharing concept you get to watch the game and then share the game with other Billiken fans. (sharing/uploading the game back doesn't effect your watching/download speed). This makes catching users who stream much tougher, because it's easy to shut down a website however hard to shut down personal computers because IP address and things change.

Please note, if you are on a college campus or other location where you have to log in to use the internet. I'd not recommend you watch via a P2P client, most public places have the ports used blocked and universities will instantly know. However P2P links or tougher to prove legally in court than just some website. My advice if you're in St. Louis be at the game!!! If you're like me and stuck at another university go off campus and watch. No excuses.

http://www.softpedia...m-Torrent.shtml is the client needed (if the above weblink doesn't work)

st://A1gCgpwEdVADUAaCoAHIgBYFNlYDAWDGV+BQO5l31HVjihcGNDIwVFY0imEAikEHZGVmYXVsdIqiHldvcmxkV2lkZSBGdW4sIFNwb3J0cywgR2VuZXJhbA==

IMPORTANT NOTICE: This website incorporates links to other websites maintained by unaffiliated third parties. With the exception of the Billiken's.com (www.billikens.com), these websites are neither owned by nor under the control of Billikens.com. Billiken's.com is not responsible for the contents of any third party website. We provide such links as a convenience to our website users and the inclusion of any link does not imply neither our endorsement of a particular website nor any association with its operators or owners.

I have heard from SLU AD officials that they actually like the pirated streams... They don't have to pay for the coverage and it helps promote their product.

Obviously they don't know what they are talking about. The pirated stream is nothing more than the video that SLU produces and sends up to CBS College Sports. The issue is that CBS is not securing the stream or using outdated code..and they don't seem to care. They continue to shut sites down who steal the feed, but have done nothing to fix the root cause...which is the lack of security.

What SLU really needs to do is offer the stream for free. That will funnel hundreds of internet users (SLU fans and away fans) to a SLU site that is legit and free. Then, they can advertise the hell out of whatever they want to bring in the revenue. This is internet marketing 101.

Obviously they don't know what they are talking about. The pirated stream is nothing more than the video that SLU produces and sends up to CBS College Sports. The issue is that CBS is not securing the stream or using outdated code..and they don't seem to care. They continue to shut sites down who steal the feed, but have done nothing to fix the root cause...which is the lack of security.

What SLU really needs to do is offer the stream for free. That will funnel hundreds of internet users (SLU fans and away fans) to a SLU site that is legit and free. Then, they can advertise the hell out of whatever they want to bring in the revenue. This is internet marketing 101.

I've agreed with that sentiment 100% for a long time. Someone explain why in the world more teams/conferences offer their stream for free? And if not on SLU's site by itself, what about if the A-10 had an atheltic site where several could go to get a reliable, high-quality stream in HD? I'd even pay a yearly fee for that and it seems like a pretty damn simple way to increase revenue by extending your reach beyond your limited TV broadcast range.

In 2012, if I want to watch a Division I college basketball game from my laptop with a stream that is of reasonable quality, why can't I do it?

-it sure seems like the a10 has it's head up its rear over tv and i guess internet

-perhaps after next season with a new tv contract things will be a whole lot better (if they can't do their own network, at the very least every damn game should have a quality video stream)

Per the SLU AD office, they are not streaming this game tonight. So, if it is going to be picked up via a pirated feed, it will be somebody who has hijacked the national CBSCS TV broadcast. It is not offered through any other channels. Good thing Comcast in Nashville finally picked this station up.

^^^ TV Broadcasting Rights?

I can't see whoever our TV package is with be too happy with us providing a free stream as well

Then why don't they stream it? I understand the broadcast rights or whatever, but my point is, there is CLEARLY an demand for this kind of thing. Why doesn't somebody (school, NCAA, conference, network, whatever) legitimize it and make use of the opportunity?

Per the SLU AD office, they are not streaming this game tonight. So, if it is going to be picked up via a pirated feed, it will be somebody who has hijacked the national CBSCS TV broadcast. It is not offered through any other channels. Good thing Comcast in Nashville finally picked this station up.

Exactly, which is why tonight game will require Billiken fan's to jump through a few nerdy hoops to watch the game. (I'll be available for help if anyone needs it). The "pirates" seemed to already know it wasn't being picked up and adjusted accordingly. I've to agree though, I'd glad watch numerous ads if they picked up every game. Ads could make more money for the university rather than a simple fee.

That being said, the SLU AD office, is probably happy when Billiken supporters are able to watch away games for free. Saves them from trying to do the job, if less people are demanding they offer it.

for those trying to watch through the stream torrent player, download the client from the below link:

http://www.softpedia...m-Torrent.shtml

run the install.

once install has completed and you've opened the client, copy this link below:

st://A1gCgpwEdVADUAaCoAHIgBYFNlYDAWDGV+BQO5l31HVjihcGNDIwVFY0imEAikEHZGVmYXVsdIqiHldvcmxkV2lkZSBGdW4sIFNwb3J0cywgR2VuZXJhbA==

go to the edit menu in the stream torrent client and select paste link

then right click on the 420TV4 item below and select open player. the stream should start buffering then. mine works on and off. we'll see how it turns out.

kinda getting nervous firstrowsports link isn't working...

"This video is not available at the moment but will be up soon. Check again in a few moments"

SOB. Looks like it is on to ESPN Gamecast.

Once you download streamtorrent, that will work after the current game ends :(

yeah, and i'm sure that current game is going to take for gotdamn ever. oh well. better than nothing. i can confirm that the stream works, though.

Jimbo you have to have some sort of answer for this... Can you go up to Madison Wisc and shut that game down?

I'M FIRING MY PELLET GUN TOWARDS THE NORTHEAST FROM MY BEDROOM HOPING TO SHOOT SOMEONE IMPORTANT. ONLY I WORRY THAT IF I ACTUALLY KILL SOMEONE, THEY'LL JUST KEEP THAT GAME ON ANYHOW. I AM UPSET.

######. I DON'T THINK THIS GUN HAS THE RANGE TO DO ANY DAMAGE.