LaSalle attendees?

HusakAttack

I will be flying up to Philly today after work and attending the Bills game tomorrow. Our plan is to go to the pre-game reception, watch Bills shut-out LaSalle, storm the court, attack the Philly bar scene for some heavy partying.

Who else is gonna be there?

Me and the missus. Tarheel and wife. I am guessing BillyKen and Bizziken. One other guy who I always see in Philly and AC although I don't know his name. Likely more seeing as the Alumni Club is running the show. Make sure we meet and greet.

Me and the missus. Tarheel and wife. I am guessing BillyKen and Bizziken. One other guy who I always see in Philly and AC although I don't know his name. Likely more seeing as the Alumni Club is running the show. Make sure we meet and greet.

Yes, Bizziken, myself, and another buddy of ours from the STL will be there! We did not know about this alumni pre-game event. Where will that be??

Yes, Bizziken, myself, and another buddy of ours from the STL will be there! We did not know about this alumni pre-game event. Where will that be??

The pre-game reception is at the Faculty Club. Game, of course, is at Tom Gola Arena. Not sure where Faculty Club is. Doing quick check of their campus website, there is a Faculty Dining Room in the LaSalle Union. So it may be one and the same.

What a week of great basketball.

Almost did not make the the LaSalle game. Friday night got a flat tire, love these Jersey roads, also what is with this paying a toll every five minutes, and till 12 noon I was sitting in a Costco somewhere on the Jersey Shore waiting to get it changed. Got to the Costco when it opened at 930. Had really had to motor down the Atlantic City Expy to make it for tip-off at 2. Had to :D ,in a construction zone, speed limit 45, everyone on the Expressway doing 85 and blowing by me like I am standing still.

Back to the game, I am convinced that, after watching these 2 games and practically all the games on the internet or TV, our defense is probably the best in the nation. We frustrate the he** out opposing teams. Anyone recall the Duquesne game where the star pt guard (I think his name was McDonald), just wanted to give up midway through the 2nd 1/2 and catch the earlier flight back to Pittsburgh. You could see that in the faces of Gianni (sp), the Lasalle coach, and Martelli. Also, our screens on offense are brutal. It really a tribute to Rick and the coaching staff in getting these players in shape and teaching positioning. That level and quality of play just don't happen by chance. Our only weakness is we can go cold both from the field and free throw line. The LaSalle game did show we can still have a terrible shooting afternoon and still win.

Highlight of the game, Cory's dunk. Saw Cory after the game and congradulated him on a great game and told him tonight that dunk will be a ESPN's Sports Center highlight clip. He laughed. I have a feeling Cory will be the man next year.

Loved my visit to the City of Brotherly Love.

The internet feed did a decent job showing the game with several camera angles. It spent too much time on the dance team and very little on the spectators during breaks in the action. I didn't see any signs of any of our fans. How many would you say there were at the game, or at the reception?

Way to persevere Tar Heel, you were a man on a mission yesterday.

The internet feed did a decent job showing the game with several camera angles. It spent too much time on the dance team and very little on the spectators during breaks in the action. I didn't see any signs of any of our fans. How many would you say there were at the game, or at the reception?

Way to persevere Tar Heel, you were a man on a mission yesterday.

boy, you aint kiddin'

none of those girls would make the saintsasions

We had a contingent of about 50 strong at the game,maybe more. I counted nearly 40 of us in the luncheon and I know tarheel was having car problems from Meg. There was a group of guys from St. Louis that flew up, something to do with the team or the athletic department. I spoke at length to one on the walkover from the La Salle Union to the game. They all got "uniforms," nice blue SLU thermal pullovers, hence the ease in picking them out. About 12 to 15 in that group. Chris May was there. Declan O'Neill and I spoke. Also chatted with Darren Pais and SLU Nick. Our seats occupied about the first seven rows behind the Billiken bench. Had a lengthy conversation with may at half. Didn't get to Earl, Rammer and Timmerman as they were on theother side and the ushers were pretty ticket conscious. Did spend short timewith Earl at half.

Won ugly, what can I say. I said to my wife that this was a prize fight, punch and jab, no real ballet of basketball going on. La Salle is not good. As in NOT good. I said I'd take Roberts and Aiken from Wednesday game but there isn't a guy on La Salle I'd want for anything more than mop-up duty. Sure Wright has somenice dunks but with our front line, that's okay. CR came to play and brought his best game ever, and I know I've been hard on him. He is the only guy on our bench who meets up with equal physicality when we face guys like Wright and White. Ramon Galloway appeared to be auditioning for the role of Curly Nealwith the Globetrotters. Sure, it brought oohs and aahs from the student section,but he also dribbled into seven turnovers and hurt his team more. However, if that ain't carrying the ball,I don'tknow basketball. I liked Duren lastyear; himandGalloway onthe same court is tough because of only one ball to play with and Galloway seems tothink its his. Mills was nothing,Zack was nothing, and while it seemed allPettis in their first half, he disappeared in the second. Their "band" was, sorry la Salle, putrid, only seven off-key members there. The keyboard guy must have had a hard night, he was dozing with his head down on the keys at least twice. While the little girl on the dance team was "hefty," she likely had the best moves out there and might have been the captain of the whole bunch. I found it funny that the student section chanted "L-S-U" ---- I understand why but the Bayou Bengals have that one wrapped up. I hope we never wear pink sneakers. Not against the cause mind you but still ....

One of the La Salleites overheard me say we "are bigger than them" ands remarked he didn't fully understand how big we were. I think we tried to play to that advantage, passing over the top to Evans and/ Conklin when they had Mills or Pettis on them. La Salle was quick to the ball and doubled but we did not recognize it quick enough or they over-rotated to pick up the doublers' man. We needed one more pass but we seemed to lower the ball down where short hands had a better chance of hitting it free. It wasnot a free-form game but we proved we can stay and win in those situations too.

A great week and a great sweep. Can't wait for AC. Need to remain focused and take care of business this week. I got to high five just about all the players as they moved from one side of the court to the other after the game. Lots of giddiness, lots of self-confidence. This is a whole new position as far as i can see. Philly guys,who are knowledgable despite the rep, recognize Evans as a beast in the making. Cory's dunk made highlight reels inPhilly that evening as we enjoyed dinner at the Great American Pub in Conshohocken.

La Salle: still don't know why anyone would go there, its in the middle of a section of Philly that looks a lot like the old West Pine area with stone homes in states of disrepair. Walking to the Union, the campus interior was nice enough. Phills is such a dirty city with litter everywhere. The band had seven or nine members and clearly was coordinating some sort of hangover recovery. The dance and cheer squads seemed somewhat amateurbut get an A for effort. Attendance was about 3K which was one of if not their best crowdof the season. Gola is still a pit but you get a great view. One of the SLU guys told me Rose Hill Gym is still the worst but Gola was a close second. La Salle nation seemed less snobby than St. Joe's nation --- Jesuit factor I guess.

This post belongs here...

Attended my first bills game in 4 years yesterday. Got my picture taken with CR, and then with DE, and then with Majerus, and then with Cody, Conk and Cassity. I was in pure fanboy mode, hahaha.

A couple thoughts on CR. From those of you who thought his dunk was great, let me correct you, it was phenonmenal...likely the play of the year so far. He Blake Griffin-ed that guy (i.e. His hand did not touch the rim). Then calmly knock down the free throw. I thought his best play other than that, was when he had his back to the basket, kept his head up, then passed cross court to Loe in the corner for the three.

Just a quick hitter on kyle. Kyle seems to be having the time of his life this season. From his body language before, during the after the game, you could tell he is handling MM and JJ's greater roles with a great deal of maturity. I believe many on this board predicted this scenario happening pre-season. The plan was for Cassity to start until McCall or Jett fulfilled a little more of their potential and then for him to be the role player that he is comfortable with. That said, I think he needs to atleast look at the basketball when he catches it on the wing.

BTW. We had a fantastic billikens contingent at the game yesterday. The guys and majerus acknowledged us when they left the court yesterday. From the pre-game reception put on by Meg the alumni girl, to my first conversations with billiken fans (Taj, Husak Attack in the awesome blazer, Darren likely others) in 4 years, to the big road win, to the post game conversations I had with the guys and Majerus....I could not have been more proud yesterday to be an alumni of Saint Louis University.

A10 Tournament bound...Go Bils!

-Nick

Meg always throws a great party, I've been to 2 of them. I have one other question. When it was getting down to crunch time, we saw a scene from the Rocky movie that was meant to inspire the locals to win. Did you see that? It scared me that they were going to rise up and clobber us little Billikens after that time out, but they kept turning the ball over and over, so we knocked them out instead.

The first Rocky movie was one of my all time favorites. It captured the south Philly scene perfectly.

When it was getting down to crunch time, we saw a scene from the Rocky movie that was meant to inspire the locals to win. Did you see that? It scared me that they were going to rise up and clobber us little Billikens after that time out

It scared me that the feed somehow switched to Rocky and I was gonna miss the end of the game.

Problem was that we were in North Philly. Guessing the scene lost some in travel distance and translation. I never felt the game was La Salle's to win. I always felt it was ours to lose. We were just so much better than them ----- despite our limitations inside, we were better; they could not shoot, we do; our bench was far more deeper than theirs; and our defense is second to none. All it took was that shot by McCall and a few failings by a less-than-average La Salle team. I thought they played a better,Philly-style one-on-one game, ours is a team game. I liked that.

I thought St. Joe's was the better, more talented Philly team.

Meg always throws a great party, I've been to 2 of them. I have one other question. When it was getting down to crunch time, we saw a scene from the Rocky movie that was meant to inspire the locals to win. Did you see that? It scared me that they were going to rise up and clobber us little Billikens after that time out, but they kept turning the ball over and over, so we knocked them out instead.

The first Rocky movie was one of my all time favorites. It captured the south Philly scene perfectly.

we saw it as well. I'm pretty the feed we were getting online was the in house closed circuit feed. The same thought came to mind.

This post belongs here...

Attended my first bills game in 4 years yesterday. Got my picture taken with CR, and then with DE, and then with Majerus, and then with Cody, Conk and Cassity. I was in pure fanboy mode, hahaha.

A couple thoughts on CR. From those of you who thought his dunk was great, let me correct you, it was phenonmenal...likely the play of the year so far. He Blake Griffin-ed that guy (i.e. His hand did not touch the rim). Then calmly knock down the free throw. I thought his best play other than that, was when he had his back to the basket, kept his head up, then passed cross court to Loe in the corner for the three.

Just a quick hitter on kyle. Kyle seems to be having the time of his life this season. From his body language before, during the after the game, you could tell he is handling MM and JJ's greater roles with a great deal of maturity. I believe many on this board predicted this scenario happening pre-season. The plan was for Cassity to start until McCall or Jett fulfilled a little more of their potential and then for him to be the role player that he is comfortable with. That said, I think he needs to atleast look at the basketball when he catches it on the wing.

BTW. We had a fantastic billikens contingent at the game yesterday. The guys and majerus acknowledged us when they left the court yesterday. From the pre-game reception put on by Meg the alumni girl, to my first conversations with billiken fans (Taj, Husak Attack in the awesome blazer, Darren likely others) in 4 years, to the big road win, to the post game conversations I had with the guys and Majerus....I could not have been more proud yesterday to be an alumni of Saint Louis University.

A10 Tournament bound...Go Bils!

-Nick

It was nice to meet Nick. Great energetic fan! I wish I had met more of you but was extremely happy to see such a great SLU fan base at the game.

What a week of great basketball.

Almost did not make the the LaSalle game. Friday night got a flat tire, love these Jersey roads, also what is with this paying a toll every five minutes, and till 12 noon I was sitting in a Costco somewhere on the Jersey Shore waiting to get it changed. Got to the Costco when it opened at 930. Had really had to motor down the Atlantic City Expy to make it for tip-off at 2. Had to :D ,in a construction zone, speed limit 45, everyone on the Expressway doing 85 and blowing by me like I am standing still.

Back to the game, I am convinced that, after watching these 2 games and practically all the games on the internet or TV, our defense is probably the best in the nation. We frustrate the he** out opposing teams. Anyone recall the Duquesne game where the star pt guard (I think his name was McDonald), just wanted to give up midway through the 2nd 1/2 and catch the earlier flight back to Pittsburgh. You could see that in the faces of Gianni (sp), the Lasalle coach, and Martelli. Also, our screens on offense are brutal. It really a tribute to Rick and the coaching staff in getting these players in shape and teaching positioning. That level and quality of play just don't happen by chance. Our only weakness is we can go cold both from the field and free throw line. The LaSalle game did show we can still have a terrible shooting afternoon and still win.

Highlight of the game, Cory's dunk. Saw Cory after the game and congradulated him on a great game and told him tonight that dunk will be a ESPN's Sports Center highlight clip. He laughed. I have a feeling Cory will be the man next year.

Loved my visit to the City of Brotherly Love.

Big Al, NC to Philly? Retirement's fun ain't it?