More Fallout from Xavier-Cincinnati Brawl

Pistol

This season just keeps getting weirder and weirder for XU: http://cincinnati.com/blogs/xavier/2012/01/06/mack-hurts-knee/

Chris Mack tore the patellar tendon in his left knee at Friday’s practice in Manhattan.

The team intended to practice at Fordham but returned to a Manhattan gym following an extensive traffic jam. Once there, Mack was in a lay-up line preparing to shoot when tore the tendon.

He left practice in an ambulance and is expected to have surgery Sunday morning in Cincinnati.

Mack is here today, on crutches, and will coach the team in the noon game vs. Fordham.

-am i missing something here? i listened to mack on the a10 coaches weekly interview and found his reasons for keeping his starters in the game not entirely believable, so no public consequences for the coach but for the fans?? even a statement from xavier univ saying coach mack has been disciplined or admonished or something as he is not without blame in the whole deal, imo

-does the coach allow or encourage this gangster and body bag bs in team functions?

-maybe i have been blind to see it, but our players don't seem like this is probable and as i have said the one player i am most concerned about having an incident is BC as sometimes his emotions seem over the top and in the opponents face

-i do wonder if the a10 is advising x to do this?

The A 10 said that they were taking no further actions other than what the school did early on - I wonder if the team and Mack has to go to the reflection session since they were at the game?

+1. And it was cold. And snowy. With one pair of shoes. Uphill both ways. But the student seats at Kiel were primo fine. Well worth it. :)

Geez, Al, I would have given you a ride. I used to stuff about 8 guys into my VW for the keil trip. You'd have been up front in the trunk, but still it beats walking on a cold night.

I still expect X to get their act together sooner than later. They've got a lot of talent. What they're missing right now is their swagger because of the Skyline brawl. Then again, maybe their swagger was based on Holloway's embracing the whole gangsta philosophy and the wraps have been tightly tied on that package. The thing I wonder about X is how does this affect future recruiting. Their BB program was the jewel centerpiece of the whole university. You can bet coaches will bring up the brawl thing and the mentality that fostered it. C. Mack's the culprit here as he should have squelched this before it got totally out of control.

Geez, Al, I would have given you a ride. I used to stuff about 8 guys into my VW for the keil trip. You'd have been up front in the trunk, but still it beats walking on a cold night.

I still expect X to get their act together sooner than later. They've got a lot of talent. What they're missing right now is their swagger because of the Skyline brawl. Then again, maybe their swagger was based on Holloway's embracing the whole gangsta philosophy and the wraps have been tightly tied on that package. The thing I wonder about X is how does this affect future recruiting. Their BB program was the jewel centerpiece of the whole university. You can bet coaches will bring up the brawl thing and the mentality that fostered it. C. Mack's the culprit here as he should have squelched this before it got totally out of control.

Bingo. Great post, 72.

Ha, I used to have an RX-7 back in college. I remember driving from campus to Kiel/Savvis/Scottrade with the hatch up and several people sitting in the back their legs hanging out. Not sure how I never got pulled over for that.

Ha, I used to have an RX-7 back in college. I remember driving from campus to Kiel/Savvis/Scottrade with the hatch up and several people sitting in the back their legs hanging out. Not sure how I never got pulled over for that.

You were one of the beneficiaries of the City of St. Louis' utter neglect of vehicle or pedestrian safety within 1500 yards of the Kielvis anytime we played a game. B)