Wash and Nova

slu72

Well, MU beat UW by a mere 2 on a last minute shot. Mizzery over Nova by 10. Mizzery was crowing after the game how unselfish they play. One player stated "most unselfish team in the country" or something like that. What a shame we could have had the unselfish title game right there in Missouri, if only they'd play us.

Well, MU beat UW by a mere 2 on a last minute shot. Mizzery over Nova by 10. Mizzery was crowing after the game how unselfish they play. One player stated "most unselfish team in the country" or something like that. What a shame we could have had the unselfish title game right there in Missouri, if only they'd play us.

Well, no one can deny that MO is playing well but they actually did not play against Nova any better than we did. I am not comparing scores just pointing out that they did not handle Nova and better than us in fact at one point late in the game if what I have read is true they let Nova get within 6 and had to stave a late push by Nova - in our game we took control at the end of the 1st half and Nova never really threatened the rest of the game. This could be MO's year given KU is not that good and right now only TAMU and Baylor are teams to worry about in the Big 12. Of course they may run into trouble once they get into Big 12 play given how the football team has been treated by the Big 12 this past season. Wish UW had beat Marq but the next best thing did happen and that was having Dickie V crowing about how good we must be to a national audience. How do you think the UW fans watching felt being reminded of that beat down on national TV?

The Huskies played a terrific game last night and did everything but win. Watching them play had me scratching my head about how we could have had them down 25 points at halftime, and 29 points during the second half. I think the difference that day was our Canada trip and the extra practices we had as a result. I think we were just better prepared early on, and seeing Washington now, it is clear they are coming on and will do some major damage to other teams as the season progresses.

Hey Guys:

SLU vs. Mi$$ery - It's simply a matter of easy math:

If SLU beats Nova by 11 on a neutral court, and,

Mi$$ery beats Nova by only 10 on a neutral cour, then:

Consesquently, ergo, ipso, facto, per my most complicated rating and predicting formula, if those worthless, scandal plagued wussies from Columbia would actuall get the nuggies to play us, we'd win by 1 point, of course!

That's as close as we can get to bringing closure to our SLU vs. Mi$$ery "who's the better team" argument for now.

Well, no one can deny that MO is playing well but they actually did not play against Nova any better than we did. I am not comparing scores just pointing out that they did not handle Nova and better than us in fact at one point late in the game if what I have read is true they let Nova get within 6 and had to stave a late push by Nova - in our game we took control at the end of the 1st half and Nova never really threatened the rest of the game. This could be MO's year given KU is not that good and right now only TAMU and Baylor are teams to worry about in the Big 12. Of course they may run into trouble once they get into Big 12 play given how the football team has been treated by the Big 12 this past season. Wish UW had beat Marq but the next best thing did happen and that was having Dickie V crowing about how good we must be to a national audience. How do you think the UW fans watching felt being reminded of that beat down on national TV?

Nova a B ranked team....I would say the Bills played them as well as Mizzou did....we won by 13 at home ...Mizz beat them by 10 on a neutral court....I would say as far as Nova is concerned....SLU=Mizz.

I think you are selling KU a bit short. While no longer the dominant overpowering force they have been in the past they are equal to Mizz. I give them both A+. I show Mizz & KU splitting this year (each winning their home game). You are correct, Baylor is another force ...give them an A (comparable to SLU). TAMU ...not so much...B-/C+. While TAMU is a nice team, nice doesn't cut it in a top rated conference. They could finish as low as 9th.

Tracking our other past opponents...Okla..B+...UW...A-

Nova a B ranked team....I would say the Bills played them as well as Mizzou did....we won by 13 at home ...Mizz beat them by 10 on a neutral court....I would say as far as Nova is concerned....SLU=Mizz.

I think you are selling KU a bit short. While no longer the dominant overpowering force they have been in the past they are equal to Mizz. I give them both A+. I show Mizz & KU splitting this year (each winning their home game). You are correct, Baylor is another force ...give them an A (comparable to SLU). TAMU ...not so much...B-/C+. While TAMU is a nice team, nice doesn't cut it in a top rated conference. They could finish as low as 9th.

We didn't play Nova at home. They were both neutral court games (76 Classic). Therefore, SLU > UM

TAMU was ranked - correct? so there must be something there. I was not saying that KU was bad just that they are not the buzz saw they have been. Actually we played Nova on a neutral court site not our home.

TAMU was ranked - correct? so there must be something there. I was not saying that KU was bad just that they are not the buzz saw they have been. Actually we played Nova on a neutral court site not our home.

Not sure how TAM stays in there. They've really played only one or two games of note. Losing one winning the other. The rest of their sched reads like Syracuse.

Wiz wrote: I think you are selling KU a bit short. While no longer the dominant overpowering force they have been in the past they are equal to Mizz. I give them both A+. I show Mizz & KU splitting this year (each winning their home game).

Wiz. Remind me again who Mizzou has beaten for you give them an A+ rating? Yes, they have won all their games but who have they played? Cal already has 2 losses, Nova has 3 losses (lost bad to us) and ND has 4 losses. Every year, especially since the arrival of Mike Alden, Mizzou plays an extremely weak OOC schedule. Maybe Mizzou finally is for real. Or maybe they are just beating mediocre to bad teams with their Senior guard dominated team. IMO, we will not find out much about Mizzou until the Big 12 season.

Wiz wrote: I think you are selling KU a bit short. While no longer the dominant overpowering force they have been in the past they are equal to Mizz. I give them both A+. I show Mizz & KU splitting this year (each winning their home game).

Wiz. Remind me again who Mizzou has beaten for you give them an A+ rating? Yes, they have won all their games but who have they played? Cal already has 2 losses, Nova has 3 losses (lost bad to us) and ND has 4 losses. Every year, especially since the arrival of Mike Alden, Mizzou plays an extremely weak OOC schedule. Maybe Mizzou finally is for real. Or maybe they are just beating mediocre to bad teams with their Senior guard dominated team. IMO, we will not find out much about Mizzou until the Big 12 season.

I don't think SOS strictly determines how good of a team you are in early Dec.... Mizzou 's SOS is 305. Certainly nothing to write home about. Yet most good teams have a weak SOS. at this point. Good teams know they will have a tough conference schedule and load up in the beginning with creampuffs. Look at the top 3

Ky....222

Ohio St....278

Syr.....257

I don't think anyone would question whether these teams are any good just because they have played a soft schedule so far.

Would you say the Bills are not that good because of a weak schedule. I wouldn't say that. Interesting side note...the Bills and Ky have almost an identical SOS.