Reaction from Rick and Conklin regarding LMU

Westy03

I guess this really didnt need a new thread but it seems that they are eager to get back to work and get back on a roll. I think its pretty clear that Conklin is the leader of this team

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/college/slu/slu-still-hurting-from-loss-to-loyola-marymount/article_ce6dd3c0-6e4f-5448-b9f5-359de4f80abb.html

I guess this really didnt need a new thread but it seems that they are eager to get back to work and get back on a roll. I think its pretty clear that Conklin is the leader of this team

http://www.stltoday....9de4f80abb.html

As you knew he would be. I'd start a petition to get his number retired when he graduates. The young man has represented SLU on and off the court and is the ideal student-athlete. A true blue Billiken! Keep it up, Conk!

Agreed. Conklin is the leader.

I ran into him last night during a break in grad class in the atrium of Cook Hall. Offered my congratulations on winning the 76 classic and being named MVP. I intentionally did not mention the previous night's loss at LMU for fear that he'd annihilate me. He said Thanks but that he was really disappointed and pissed about the LMU loss. I told him I was pissed as well, that I had watched the entire game online and forced my roommate to leave the apartment we live in because I was yelling at my computer so g'damn much. He laughed, and we went our separate ways.

Humble kid. Hungry for success. Can't wait to see what he does to Portland on Saturday.

Agreed. Conklin is the leader.

I ran into him last night during a break in grad class in the atrium of Cook Hall. Offered my congratulations on winning the 76 classic and being named MVP. I intentionally did not mention the previous night's loss at LMU for fear that he'd annihilate me. He said Thanks but that he was really disappointed and pissed about the LMU loss. I told him I was pissed as well, that I had watched the entire game online and forced my roommate to leave the apartment we live in because I was yelling at my computer so g'damn much. He laughed, and we went our separate ways.

Humble kid. Hungry for success. Can't wait to see what he does to Portland on Saturday.

Portland hasn't seen this much aggression since the great folks of the Portland PD cleared out the Birkenstock shareholder meeting, a.k.a. "Occupy Portland."

Portland hasn't seen this much aggression since the great folks of the Portland PD cleared out the Birkenstock shareholder meeting, a.k.a. "Occupy Portland."

Or since the riot police were called in on the tea party protests in Manhattan back in 2010. I'd imagine Conklin comes to play with similar intent.

Patrick

As you knew he would be. I'd start a petition to get his number retired when he graduates. The young man has represented SLU on and off the court and is the ideal student-athlete. A true blue Billiken! Keep it up, Conk!

Like most posters on here, I have nothing but great things to say about Conk this year. But this is idiotic.

Quotes not included in the article:

"We just gave up because we lack a strong leader and someone we believe in on the bench. Ever since Porter left it, nobody cares." - Brian Conklin

"I am lost without Moser on the bench. He showed me everything I know about basketball." - Rick Majerus

Man, it sure is depressing to see quotes like this. I guess I never realized how the program revolved around Porter.

"We just gave up because we lack a strong leader and someone we believe in on the bench. Ever since Porter left it, nobody cares." - Brian Conklin

"I am lost without Moser on the bench. He showed me everything I know about basketball." - Rick Majerus

Man, it sure is depressing to see quotes like this. I guess I never realized how the program revolved around Porter.

You forgot one: "If Matt Dickey hadn't transferred to back to UNC-Asheville because of Porter leaving, we'd be 7-0 and won every game by more than 20.." -RM

thanks for the car bombs, fella. now go coach your school all $hitty like and bang your plastic wife.