Jake Barnett

someoneelse

I can't argue for him getting court time, but he seems to be out of the mix until ???? I kind of feel bad for him in that he transferred from a (much) lesser program where he excelled to a program where he hasn't logged meaningful minutes in two years. I would not be surprised if the program is recruiting 'over' him by year's end.

It is a good problem to have quality people on the bench.

Ah, well.

Feel bad for him!?! He is a sophomore (eligibility wise) on a top 25 program.

This is what happens to most underclassmen on top teams....they don't play until they physically mature and/or improve. I hope in future years this trend continues and we see juniors and seniors logging our minutes.

He will get his chances this year to contribute. I hope he is ready, I am a fan of his. Looks like a good kid.

RickMa said in an interview a few weeks back that it was "his fault" Jake is not up to speed. He said that last year instead of making him better in practice and working him into the system that he often was more of a practice dummy whose main role was to imitate the oppositions best player. I assume this is the normal role of every red-shirt, but it is what he said.

Feel bad for him!?! He is a sophomore (eligibility wise) on a top 25 program.

This is what happens to most underclassmen on top teams....they don't play until they physically mature and/or improve. I hope in future years this trend continues and we see juniors and seniors logging our minutes.

He will get his chances this year to contribute. I hope he is ready, I am a fan of his. Looks like a good kid.

+1. Although we are not quite there yet, this is what bigtime basketball is. Highly touted recruits won't come in and play right away.

Also, bigger leap this year? Conk or Backhand? Conk is the top in player efficiency in the A10, and Backhand is pumping out quality post after quality post.

"come at me bro"

Why feel bad for him,as someone said he has sophomore eligibility on a top 25 team,

Jake was in one of my classes I personally think he's a great kid. Maybe next year he can be our "brad redford" from Xavier, just not this year.

"come at me bro"

Why feel bad for him,as someone said he has sophomore eligibility on a top 25 team,

Jake was in one of my classes I personally think he's a great kid. Maybe next year he can be our "brad redford" from Xavier, just not this year.

I don't feel bad for JB. I'm sure as hell that JB doesn't feel sorry for JB and wouldn't want anyone to feel bad for him. He will work tooth and nail to get into the rotation.

Pretty sure you get 5 years to play, one redshirt year and 4 years of eligible playing time. Also pretty sure he can't transfer again without losing a year of eligibility, because he already sat out a full year last year. You can get a 6th year of eligibility by applying for a "medical hardship" with the NCAA. As I understand it, the transfer year is like a forced redshirt, he can practice and travel with the team, but can't play.

"come at me bro"

No one cares who you have class with and what the teachers names are. Why are you calling him a kid if he is your age? I think you are just trying to get your number of posts increased cause that is the only thing that gets you erect more than sitting by basketball players at school

+1. Although we are not quite there yet, this is what bigtime basketball is. Highly touted recruits won't come in and play right away.

Also, bigger leap this year? Conk or Backhand? Conk is the top in player efficiency in the A10, and Backhand is pumping out quality post after quality post.

Conk made a bigger leap. Backhand only posts quality.

I swear someone is giving The Dictator a headsup on the ramblings on the board. Today is the first time I ever recall anyone talking about the dearth of playing time for Jake Barnett and low and behold The Dictator aka Cockstrong inserts Barnett into a tied game in the middle of the first half.

No one cares who you have class with and what the teachers names are. Why are you calling him a kid if he is your age? I think you are just trying to get your number of posts increased cause that is the only thing that gets you erect more than sitting by basketball players at school

fighting over the internet is like a special olympics race, even if you win you're still retarded

I swear someone is giving The Dictator a headsup on the ramblings on the board. Today is the first time I ever recall anyone talking about the dearth of playing time for Jake Barnett and low and behold The Dictator aka Cockstrong inserts Barnett into a tied game in the middle of the first half.

I was thinking this exact same thing, strange....

Pretty sure you get 5 years to play, one redshirt year and 4 years of eligible playing time. Also pretty sure he can't transfer again without losing a year of eligibility, because he already sat out a full year last year. You can get a 6th year of eligibility by applying for a "medical hardship" with the NCAA. As I understand it, the transfer year is like a forced redshirt, he can practice and travel with the team, but can't play.

he could transfer "down" like salecich did and play tomorrow. but moving on to another D1 school i am pretty sure is out of the question for him without some sort of special disposition from the ncaa eligibility pope.

he could transfer "down" like salecich did and play tomorrow. but moving on to another D1 school i am pretty sure is out of the question for him without some sort of special disposition from the ncaa eligibility pope.

Has Barnett done anything or said anything to cause all of this transfer conversation on the board? From the televised games, he appears to be the epitomy of a team player. Cracking the lineup at guard this year is a tall order.

Lets go on a run heading into the A10 schedule. See you all in January.

Patrick